Corsair power supply cables interchanging

Howitz

I am currently building a new pc and i'm trying to hook up a gigabyte rtx4080 eagle oc 16gb gpu

I have a corsair RM850e psu but it appears I don't have enough PCIe cables for the GPU.

I have an older corsair RM750x psu with extra PCIe cables.

It appears that you can safely interchange corsair type 4 PCIe from what i've read.

BUT the problem is when i check the psu side connector, the 8 pins are different with a missing pin at a different place on the rm750x cables than on the rm850e cables.

I'd like to know if i'm doing something wrong here, what is the best course of action? am i supposed to have enough cable with the rm850e? is it still safe to use the RM750x cables? interchange them?

Capture d’écran 2023-12-02 192617.png

RMx and RMe cables are interchangeable. The row with 3 pins on the connector is all 12V. The PSU side has all 4 12V pins on the connector for the EPS12V cable. PCIe only needs 3, doesn't really matter which 3 it uses. That's why the missing pin is in different spots.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450