Led strips turns pink

Hi everyone

can anyone help me with my led strip project?

I am working on making a light-emitting profile and want 2 LED strips in this profile to increase the amount of light.

Now I have split the power supply as you can see in the photo. and I encounter a problem. when I turn on the blue and green color they work perfectly. However, when I turn on red, it is red for about 2 minutes and then switches to pink.

When you disconnect the black cable (12v) from the 1st and then switch it on, it is just red again, and vice versa.

so it only does this when both strips are connected at the same time.

does anyone have an explanation for this?

20231102_222946.jpg

What's your power supply? Might be overloaded, overheating and limiting output.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

21 hours ago, Kilrah said:

What's your power supply? Might be overloaded, overheating and limiting output.

Hi it happends when i connect them with the motherboard on my pc, and when using the included power source of the rgb kit. 

The stings together are like 1.5m when using a single string of 5m in the same power source it works just fine 

I'm so confused. What is the power supply? Are you using the controller that came with the LED strips?

For what I understand, you want to run two LED strips from the same controller in parallel?

Why are you trying to use only one?

LED RGB controllers use transistors; that might not be suitable for the amount of current you are trying to run through them, or they might be able too, but with a heatsink.

Overloading the transistors might cause them to leak power through the gate, making your lights turn white because power is running freely from 12 volts to ground.

That would be my first theory, based on the limited amount of information I have.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

Dear @Yua Thank u for ur reply

The power Source is the motherboard of my pc or the included power adapter into the the wall socket. 
the reason i only want 1 cable is because its easier to route the cables to the moatherboard. And i have 
not 2 4pin-rgb headers anymore.  

but whats the defference form splitting my cables like i did in the photo  and using something like this
Megekko.nl - Cooler Master 1-to-3 RGB Splitter Cable

I understand now. Honestly, I don't know.

It should "just work" if its true that you tested it with a 5-meter-long strip and it didn't have this behavior and that the issue appears using any of your two power sources I don't know what else could be causing it.

Pink color in RGB is (255, 192, 203), which leads me to believe somehow all the LED cathodes are receiving some energy.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

@Yua 

Yeah, I also don't understand it either. The strange thing is that it works fine for about a minute or so, but sometimes slowly transitions to pink and sometimes suddenly. So, it probably won't be a short circuit because: 1. it doesn't happen when I separate the strands, 2. it happens slowly and not immediately when there's electricity passing through.