How loud are pumps?

Go to solution Solved by TheDigitalRealm,

So that means the pump res combo I picked would be fine?

Yep, it should be (: just turn it down to either of it's lowest two settings and you'll be dandy.

Hmm .. I was expecting to see a review of a fart noise detector here! I'll have to keep looking for that :P

Stock cooler or louder but you may not be able to hear it with a headphone on and it won't keep you awake at night.

I've really tried, but I can't quite take you seriously with that avatar... ;) I just end up staring at it...

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I've really tried, but I can't quite take you seriously with that avatar... ;) I just end up staring at it...

And any suggestions for the quietest pump out there that could pump 2 gpu's 1 cpu

System

Don't Froget to Stay Happy

And any suggestions for the quietest pump out there that could pump 2 gpu's 1 cpu

Most D5 pumps will perform similarly, as they're all made from similar/identical design blueprints. I'd recommend getting a D5 variable speed pump, and just turn the pump speed down to 2/5 of its maximum. That's what Linus runs his pump at.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I run my D5 on the lowest setting, and that's more than enough for a simple cpu / gpu loop.

I can hear it humming a little, but I could probably get rid of that, had I mounted it with velcro or similar.

D5 on the lowest settings isn't anywhere near as loud as a stock cooler.

Most D5 pumps will perform similarly, as they're all made from similar/identical design blueprints. I'd recommend getting a D5 variable speed pump, and just turn the pump speed down to 2/5 of its maximum. That's what Linus runs his pump at.

How audible are they then? And I need a real world example not some decibel thing. I don't know decibels

System

As loud as a stock cooler

Stock cooler or louder but you may not be able to hear it with a headphone on and it won't keep you awake at night.

You really think so? My h100i is miles quiter than my stock cooler, to the point that you can barely hear it in a quiet room. Its not silent but even with no music on or headphones It isnt very loud

My server at the other side of the room is 10x louder and its in a soundproofed r4 case

How audible are they then? And I need a real world example not some decibel thing. I don't know decibels

Depends how fast you have them running, at moderate speeds they will be relatively quiet, it depends how hard you intend to push it

My only experience personally is my h100i AIO, its certianly a lot quiter than the stock intel cooler

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You really think so? My h100i is miles quiter than my stock cooler, to the point that you can barely hear it in a quiet room

Depends how fast you have them running, at moderate speeds they will be relatively quiet, it depends how hard you intend to push it

My only experience personally is my h100i AIO, its certianly a lot quiter than the stock intel cooler

I have an h100i also, that's why I was concerned when they said it would be loud

System

Mine is to, that's why I was concerned when they said it would be loud

People keep telling me I am wrong 

perhaps I am deaf, even though I have a great ear for sound

who said that?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have an h100i also, that's why I was concerned when they said it would be loud

Maybe it's loud to me because in Windows 8.1 it always runs on full speed.

System

Errrrrr..............

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Maybe it's loud to me because in Windows 8.1 it always runs on full speed.

Full speed definitely isn't quiet, why don't you disconnect it from the Motherboard?

Yep, it should be (: just turn it down to either of it's lowest two settings and you'll be dandy.