Please help, my GTX 960 just stop being recognized with no aparent reason

Hello Guys,

Im using a GTX 960 GPU , Rizen 5 5600g CPU,  samsumg 980 pro M.2, A520M PRO motherboard,  600W PWS, 8GB ram. 

After complete a full windows 10 installation without any problem; windows started installing and updating some of the system drivers. Then, without any advice, the screen turned black.

Me and my friend tried to restart the system multiple times with no success. Later we boot the system using the mobo integrated graphics and we noticed that now the GPU was not being recognized by the motherboard.

Do you have any clue or idea of what could happened?

Thank you.

so in device manager/hardware is the 960 showing up but has exclimation mark next to it?

have you uninstalled nvidia drivers that windows installed with DDU (driver uninstaller), and installed drivers manually, so there is a a check box in DDU that stops windows installing drivers, as that can cause problems 

5 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

so in device manager/hardware is the 960 showing up but has exclimation mark next to it?

have you uninstalled nvidia drivers that windows installed with DDU (driver uninstaller), and installed drivers manually, so there is a a check box in DDU that stops windows installing drivers, as that can cause problems 

nop, at this point the graphic card doesn't appear at my device manager and I cannot manually install the drivers cause the graphic card is not being recognized so the installer doesn't let me proceed with the installation 😞

I just installed Windows 10 with a GTX 960 without any problems 2 weeks ago.

Have you tried using the graphics card in another PCIE slot or another system? Is the motherboard a ASRock B450m Steel Legend? I only ask because I this problem with mine and also saw someone on Craigslist selling his because it sounded like something that happened to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

8 minutes ago, Luisito21 said:

nop, at this point the graphic card doesn't appear at my device manager and I cannot manually install the drivers cause the graphic card is not being recognized so the installer doesn't let me proceed with the installation 😞

have you clicked show hidden devices in device manager?

3 minutes ago, alyen said:

I just installed Windows 10 with a GTX 960 without any problems 2 weeks ago.

Have you tried using the graphics card in another PCIE slot or another system? Is the motherboard a ASRock B450m Steel Legend? I only ask because I this problem with mine and also saw someone on Craigslist selling his because it sounded like something that happened to me.

No, I'm using an  MSI "A520M PRO", the motherboard only have 1 slot and I havent try the GPU on another PC yet. I tried my old GTX710 an it was recognized 😕 

Just now, aledsav1 said:

have you clicked show hidden devices in device manager?

yes, it only shows the integrated AMD graphics drivers under "display adapters"

ok have you taken it out and put it back in, maybe give the gold fingers on card a clean (rubber/eraser or even just clean cloth) 

nothing has been changed in the actual pc? just windows install carried out yes?

try it in another pc see if the cards working..components can just fail at any time. try another card in your pc see if the motherboard pcie slot is ok

did you change anyting in the bios? is there settings for pcie generation 3/4 etc

Check your BIOS. The graphics input setting may have changed to use the 5600G's iGPU. You'd just set it to use the PCIe slot for graphics.

If you don't know where that setting is, make note of any changes you've made to BIOS and then reset CMOS.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

35 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

ok have you taken it out and put it back in, maybe give the gold fingers on card a clean (rubber/eraser or even just clean cloth) 

nothing has been changed in the actual pc? just windows install carried out yes?

try it in another pc see if the cards working..components can just fail at any time. try another card in your pc see if the motherboard pcie slot is ok

did you change anyting in the bios? is there settings for pcie generation 3/4 etc

Yes i already remove it and place it back again with no success, havent done any change to the PC and I already try using my GTX 710 and it was recognized by the motherboard.
Im gonna try cleaning the gold fingers cause I already put the settings to dettect pcie generation3 instead of "auto mode" and didnt work.

9 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Check your BIOS. The graphics input setting may have changed to use the 5600G's iGPU. You'd just set it to use the PCIe slot for graphics.

If you don't know where that setting is, make note of any changes you've made to BIOS and then reset CMOS.

I can not cause the bios is not giving me the option to change between IGPU and my GTX960. Maybe the mobo doenst recognize the GPU too.

9 hours ago, Luisito21 said:

I can not cause the bios is not giving me the option to change between IGPU and my GTX960. Maybe the mobo doenst recognize the GPU too.

The GTX960 is a old card so it's likely something got worn down over time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

14 hours ago, Luisito21 said:

Reset CMOS.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.