CryTek On Consoles "8 gigs can easily be filled up"

Good thing I have 16 gigs then.

:P

Good thing I have 64 gigs then, I just said screw it and closed my eyes while hitting the pay now button.  

On another note, instead of weird al's it's all about the pentiums, it's all about the graphics baby! 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

i was a console gamer not so much now and for ......they really screwed the pooch with this gen it seams like they cared more about the money than the product. previous consoles are know to have lost there ceraters money on every sale in the early days but they were decent for the most part......these feel much more like .5 updates than sequals....like hardware DLC

Really?... Sony and Microsoft screwed up because they got tired of dumping billions into their consoles? Yeah how dare they! Who do they think they are trying to make 17+ dollars for every PS4/XB1 they sell. Those greedy bastards!! They're not allowed to make any money off their products.

Really?... Sony and Microsoft screwed up because they got tired of dumping billions into their consoles? Yeah how dare they! Who do they think they are trying to make 17+ dollars for every PS4/XB1 they sell. Those greedy bastards!! They're not allowed to make any money off their products.

It's more like unimpressive products, lack of innovation and, quite frankly, a game dev community that is dying off quickly.

Good games, fresh games, are hard to pull off. That much is true when you are trying to pull off both. It truly is just a hardware and slight software upgrade from the PS3/Xbox 360. The lack of backwards compatibility and support for 360/PS3 really did a number as well. They're unimpressive because they failed to bring products that were "futuristic" (forgot what I wanted to say here); they've basically done a secondary upgrade to the 360 v2/PS3 Slim/whatever it's called to keep them considered modern. The sad fact is that even with such a simple task as that, it failed.

Making money off the consoles shouldn't be their drive, they should be aiming towards making better technology, setting industry standards. With that you inherently make more money, or at least a massive increase in sales, when compared to mediocre products. I don't understand how you can have two separate ecosystems for consoles and personal computers anyway. They're nearly identical, just one has native support for a controller and favors a more casual audience.

I think Sony and Microsoft need to get off their high horses and accept the fact that the world isn't as technologically impaired as it was 10 years ago. People aren't that stupid, they realize that everything but consoles has had a massive leap forward in quality from 7-9 yrs ago.

It's more like unimpressive products, lack of innovation and, quite frankly, a game dev community that is dying off quickly.

Good games, fresh games, are hard to pull off. That much is true when you are trying to pull off both. It truly is just a hardware and slight software upgrade from the PS3/Xbox 360. The lack of backwards compatibility and support for 360/PS3 really did a number as well. They're unimpressive because they failed to bring products that were "futuristic" (forgot what I wanted to say here); they've basically done a secondary upgrade to the 360 v2/PS3 Slim/whatever it's called to keep them considered modern. The sad fact is that even with such a simple task as that, it failed.

Making money off the consoles shouldn't be their drive, they should be aiming towards making better technology, setting industry standards. With that you inherently make more money, or at least a massive increase in sales, when compared to mediocre products. I don't understand how you can have two separate ecosystems for consoles and personal computers anyway. They're nearly identical, just one has native support for a controller and favors a more casual audience.

I think Sony and Microsoft need to get off their high horses and accept the fact that the world isn't as technologically impaired as it was 10 years ago. People aren't that stupid, they realize that everything but consoles has had a massive leap forward in quality from 7-9 yrs ago.

It's actually not Sony or MS fault.

But the people that didn't buy the Ps3/Xbox360 on release.

The Ps3 was $600 without a game with Sony loosing $200 on every console.(It was worth $800)

But people didn't buy it so they released fast after that a dumped down 80GB/40GB Ps3 for $400.

That's why the Ps4 is $400 because that's the sweet spot people won't pay more for a console unless it has games or something like Kinect bundled in.

Console gamers don't want to pay for hardware and SONY and MS knows that.

And the mobile market took tons of their customers.(Nintendo feels that really heavy right now)

RTX2070OC 

but for ~100 you get 32GB of RAM.

The heck. Tell me where and I'll go buy some. Seriously. I got 16GB of 2133 for $105 on Black Friday and that's ridiculously cheap even NOW. I can't imagine finding a 32GB kit, even in two separate 16GB kits, for $100. Or even euros...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.