Pi backup files only how can I reinstall my docker

florianerb

So I had my raspberry pi os corrupt itself. So I have done a fresh install onto the sd card. For the backup I have all the files stored on my computer, I just copied all the files and pasted it into a folder.

I was using the pi for Docker and Portioner. I have the var/lib/docker but I don't know how to go about putting these files back onto the pi so that I don't lose my containers

Any ideas?

Why did you even bother with that? Just install docker back to Pi and copy back your container related files. I am not sure if copying lib/docker is enough to copy docker containers. There is docker export command for that (well this doesnt export volumes but one would assume you would do your googling properly before nuking your OS).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Very unlikely you can restore /var/lib/docker and have it still work.

Proper practice is to bind any folders in containers that need to hold user data out to folders in a separate location instead of letting things live in docker volumes, and back that up. That way you can copy the data folders back, and as long as you recreate the containers with the same mounts it'll all just work. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

The os was corrupt so I could not boot into it to export it or do anything.

Does copying back the containers work? Where would I find them to copy back in?

So I have put he file back in place and reinstalled docker. How do I import the containers that are in the files so docker sees them?

In my /var/lib/docker/containers I have 10 containers. Any idea of how to add them into docker?