1000Watt+ PSU Recomendation

NoahF

What is the best 1000+ Watt PSU? Corsair, EVGA, Sea sonic only and price does not really matter for me  as long as it is less then $550.

1 minute ago, NoahF said:

What is the best 1000+ Watt PSU? 

Corsair RM1000x,  MSI MPG A1000G, Seasonic FOCUS GX 1000w and Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000w are all very good 1000w PSU's with 10 year warranty 🙂

1000w is a lot though, what are you needing all this power for?

Well that's easy, just like this segue to our sponsors. Seasonic! want a reliable powersupply ? Or a warranty for  up to 12 years? what about a psu with 1600W? seasonic is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a industry leading brand with the experience to backup their product for years to come.

My name chef

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Corsair RM1000x,  MSI MPG A1000G, Seasonic FOCUS GX 1000w and Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000w are all very good 1000w PSU's with 10 year warranty 🙂

1000w is a lot though, what are you needing all this power for?

The high end RTX GPUS do use a lot of power then it says it uses (as far as I was told IDK if this is truly the same in 40 Serise) if it is not I would like response.

Just now, Bi0 said:

Well that's easy, just like this segue to our sponsors. Seasonic! want a reliable powersupply ? Or a warranty for  up to 12 years? what about a psu with 1600W? seasonic is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a industry leading brand with the experience to backup their product for years to come.

Is this directly from the sponsors in the videos?

Just now, NoahF said:

The high end RTX GPUS do use a lot of power then it says it uses (as far as I was told IDK if this is truly the same in 40 Serise) if it is not I would like response.

Thats not true. The higher end 3080-3090's do power spike a lot and is recommended to have a bit more wattage but the RTX 4000 series do not suffer from this issue, they are actually very efficient and stable when it comes to the power.
I run my overclocked RTX 4080 on a RM750i without issues, the 4080 only draws 320w at stock speeds. 

1 minute ago, NoahF said:

Where is this at?

You have to read a bit further than your nose. I mentioned the source.

Just now, NoahF said:

Is this directly from the sponsors in the videos?

No, LMAO if I had more time I would have ripped it. But on the serious @Hinjima gave you some of the best options. Personally i would recommend seasonic, I've heard nothing but good things. That being said i have personal experience with a corsair platinum 1000W that has lasted me about 8 years so far without issue. PSU's are something you should absolutely invest in for long term as they will probably outlast every part of your build. for that reason alone i would only ever buy platinum grade or higher, but also because of how long this thing is gonna last i would also think about what form factors you would like to explore in the future. Recently upgraded to a coolermaster 1100W platinum because i could not fit a atx psu in the new build, bitter sweet moment swapping the one part that started it all.

My name chef

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Here's a summary. Seasonic isn't even in the top 10.

perf_115V-2.png.1b0abb782fb4b502ac18a61bf97943ab.png

Source: https://hwbusters.com/best_picks/best-atx-v3-0-pcie-5-0-ready-psus-picks-2023-hardware-busters/4/

Looks like they took average efficiency and average noise to get an average performance metric.

Doesn't seem the best way to judge a best PSU, am I missing something?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

16 minutes ago, NoahF said:

What is the best 1000+ Watt PSU? Corsair, EVGA, Sea sonic only and price does not really matter for me  as long as it is less then $550.

Do you need a 12VHPWR connector ?

If yes the RM1000e is good and cheap

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

10 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Looks like they took average efficiency and average noise to get an average performance metric.

Doesn't seem the best way to judge a best PSU, am I missing something?

No, it's more than those two measurements but people look at efficiency and noise especially. Here's a review of the best 1000w PSU so far. https://hwbusters.com/psus/fsp-hydro-ti-pro-1000w-psu-review/

Here's the organisation behind the reviews https://www.cybenetics.com/

9 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

the RM1000e is good and cheap

And noisy with an anoying fan noise.

20 minutes ago, NoahF said:

No one can give meaningful recommendations without knowing where you're buying from. The prices and what PSUs are available depends on that.

8 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

How is the overall performance calculated? I couldn't find an explanation on the site.

7 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Do you need a 12VHPWR connector ?

If yes the RM1000e is good and cheap

It's also loud. If OP is deaf, it's could potentially be a decent recommendation, but we don't know if they're deaf or not.

10 minutes ago, Bi0 said:

No, LMAO if I had more time I would have ripped it. But on the serious @Hinjima gave you some of the best options. Personally i would recommend seasonic, I've heard nothing but good things. That being said i have personal experience with a corsair platinum 1000W that has lasted me about 8 years so far without issue. PSU's are something you should absolutely invest in for long term as they will probably outlast every part of your build. for that reason alone i would only ever buy platinum grade or higher, but also because of how long this thing is gonna last i would also think about what form factors you would like to explore in the future. Recently upgraded to a coolermaster 1100W platinum because i could not fit a atx psu in the new build, bitter sweet moment swapping the one part that started it all.

Recommending an entire brand never makes sense. Just like a reasonable person wouldn't just recommend a "Samsung phone" or "Intel CPU", a reasonable person shouldn't recommend "a Seasonic PSU". Especially when they're notorious for cutting corners on protections, the fan, fan controller, cables and cable terminals, as well as being known for having issues with higher end GPUs.

:)

4 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

No, it's more than those two measurements but people look at efficiency and noise especially. Here's a review of the best 1000w PSU so far. https://hwbusters.com/psus/fsp-hydro-ti-pro-1000w-psu-review/

Here's the organisation behind the reviews https://www.cybenetics.com/

And noisy with an anoying fan noise.

Huh ok, didn't know that

My RM850X is pretty quiet, didn't think they went making new stuff worse...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

17 hours ago, seon123 said:

No one can give meaningful recommendations without knowing where you're buying from. The prices and what PSUs are available depends on that.

How is the overall performance calculated? I couldn't find an explanation on the site.

It's also loud. If OP is deaf, it's could potentially be a decent recommendation, but we don't know if they're deaf or not.

Recommending an entire brand never makes sense. Just like a reasonable person wouldn't just recommend a "Samsung phone" or "Intel CPU", a reasonable person shouldn't recommend "a Seasonic PSU". Especially when they're notorious for cutting corners on protections, the fan, fan controller, cables and cable terminals, as well as being known for having issues with higher end GPUs.

i recommended seasonic and platinum efficiency. i think it's more than reasonable to let the purchaser decide the what form factor/ feature set they would prefer in those parameters, since you can't really go wrong with any choice. I've never heard anything bad about any seasonic psu, they also manufacture them so if there were issues i'd trust a actual manufacturer over a rebranded psu. But hey that's just my opinion, maybe your next comment will have an actual recommendation to add to the list of possible choices the op can buy.

My name chef

GgeMGBX.png the heart of your system. Other brands only buy from OEMs and put their branding on it.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

On 11/28/2023 at 11:07 PM, seon123 said:

How is the overall performance calculated?

I asked Aris. No answer so far.

12 hours ago, Ralf said:

GgeMGBX.png the heart of your system. Other brands only buy from OEMs and put their branding on it.

LOL, Seasonic too. All units <= Bronze are made by other OEMs. Don't hang out the fanboy.

And what about CWT, FSP, HEC/Cougar, Helly/1stPlayer, HighPower/Sirfa, Super Flower? They make their own PSUs too.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:07 PM, seon123 said:

How is the overall performance calculated?

It's on the Cybenetics frontpage. Cybenetics PSU test protocol, page 26 and 27.