Phone bricked after android update.

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to the community and not sure if this is the right place to put this.

My Pixel 6a started to randomly reboot and get stuck in a boot loop right after the android 14 update. After a couple of tries it would turn on, this repeated thrice and now it does not turn back on. To be clear I did not have a single issue with the phone before the android 14 update.

After a lot of hassle their support team picked up the phone for diagnosis. They diagnosed that there is a issue with the motherboard. 
But I came across the november android security patch which specifically mentions this issue and aims at fixing it, have attached a link and screenshot to it below.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/242705137/google-pixel-update-november-2023?kgs=f2ffcd4f59636a1e&shem=igass&source=sh/x/gs/m3/5

When I checked with the support team regarding this, they outright denied this and told that a software update cannot brick a phone.

Even considering it was a hardware issue I was sold a lemon in the first place.

They have given a repair estimate to replace the phone at full cost(360 usd approx.) and I am liable to pay the full price because my phone is a month passed its 1 year limited warranty.

I am pretty clueless in what to do now, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8150.png

24 minutes ago, Shreyas C said:

When I checked with the support team regarding this, they outright denied this and told that a software update cannot brick a phone.

I'd try contacting them again: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/gethelp?visit_id=636952363358278426-2204091848&ec=hardware_tech_support&rd=2&sjid=3894643486495802565-EU. Make sure to link the page you linked here as proof.

The page you linked clearly states they fixed a reboot loop, so they are admitting the issue exists (or existed). A co-worker of mine had a reboot loop issue several years ago with some Nexus device and Google did end up replacing it (more than once), because it was an officially acknowledged problem with the device.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

24 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I'd try contacting them again: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/gethelp?visit_id=636952363358278426-2204091848&ec=hardware_tech_support&rd=2&sjid=3894643486495802565-EU. Make sure to link the page you linked here as proof.

The page you linked clearly states they fixed a reboot loop, so they are admitting the issue exists (or existed). A co-worker of mine had a reboot loop issue several years ago with some Nexus device and Google did end up replacing it (more than once), because it was an officially acknowledged problem with the device.

@EigenvektorThanks for the reply,

I will try to contact them again insisting that the issue has been acknowledged officially.

I had already attached a link with the screenshot to the team and this the reply I had received from them.

But I will try again. Thanks again

IMG_8519.jpeg