Bad motherboard?

Hi y'all, I recently had my PSU die and got sent a refurbished unit from EVGA. PC was working fine with the refurbed PSU. I decided to buy a new monitor and now I can't seem to get a picture on any of my monitors. Tried using on-board GPU no picture at all ports along with on the GPU. All monitors work and have been tested with my laptop for confirmation. Upon starting the PC I get LEDs on my GPU and the CPU fan and case fans spin.

Here is my current build I replaced my Acer monitor with Samsung's 49" Odyssey OLED G9 Gaming Monitor G93SC.

I don't have another Intel processor to test the board. So I am curious if there is anything I can do to confirm that the motherboard is dead or not. Or maybe the CPU got fried?

I should also note that while waiting for my replacement PSU I used an old PSU and got picture on to confirm that the PSU was dead. After that I went to plug in my fan controller and a hard drive and the hard drive began to smoke and I lost picture. However, things were back to working with the new PSU.

If anyone can guide me to a fix that would be great. Otherwise I will start interacting the the manufacture of my motherboard.

Thanks and best wishes,

Lazycat619

47 minutes ago, Lazycat619 said:

I should also note that while waiting for my replacement PSU I used an old PSU and got picture on to confirm that the PSU was dead. After that I went to plug in my fan controller and a hard drive and the hard drive began to smoke and I lost picture. However, things were back to working with the new PSU.

Can you clarify what you mean by "the hard drive began to smoke and I lost picture"?? Like did you actually see smoke come out of the drive? Did you use the cables from the old PSU and swapped them with the cables that came with the old PSU or did you simply just replace the PSU and not the cables? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

41 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "the hard drive began to smoke and I lost picture"?? Like did you actually see smoke come out of the drive? Did you use the cables from the old PSU and swapped them with the cables that came with the old PSU or did you simply just replace the PSU and not the cables? 

Yes, I plugged the hard drive in and it immediately began to smoke, so I scrambled to unplug it. And yes I did use the EVGA cables with the different PSU. Hence probably why it began to smoke, but I thought that the cables couldn't be that different.

4 minutes ago, Lazycat619 said:

Yes, I plugged the hard drive in and it immediately began to smoke, so I scrambled to unplug it. And yes I did use the EVGA cables with the different PSU. Hence probably why it began to smoke, but I thought that the cables couldn't be that different.

Cables from a different power supply may not be the same. It is possible some manufactures with the same series could be using the same type, but its never recommened to use a different PSU because the wiring could different.

1 hour ago, Lazycat619 said:

Yeah that's a big no no. Mixing different cables can have different pinout connections between the PSU<->cable and can use different pins for voltage/ground etc and send it to the wrong pin on the cable<->component end, as @Allyxxxpointed out also. 

More than likely, that drive is toast especially if you cannot see it in BIOS. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

On 11/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah that's a big no no. Mixing different cables can have different pinout connections between the PSU<->cable and can use different pins for voltage/ground etc and send it to the wrong pin on the cable<->component end, as @Allyxxxpointed out also. 

More than likely, that drive is toast especially if you cannot see it in BIOS. 

Gotcha, I learned my lesson. However, the hard drive was not my boot drive. And my boot drive continued to work after destroying the other PSU and my HDD. I didn't change anything else in the build before this. I just unplugged my current monitor and plugged in my new one and I can't get output anymore on any of my displays. Not even BIOS.