RAZER SYNAPE THX SPATIAL AUDIO BROKEN.

Kryten2x4z

So let me first and foremost state that I am a razer fanboy. I have everything razer related, from the shirts to the chair, to the peripherals and laptops, i have everything razer.

So to say that Razer messed up big, is no understatement.  Nov 7 Razer pushed out an synapse update to where they tweaked with the audio spatial settings for nearly all razer headsets.  What did it do?  Made the audio unbearable to the point where it sounded like high squeals and muddy in others with barely much bass in some cases.

I personally have a blackshark v2 pro.  It was advertised with THX 7.1 SPATIAL.  As seen in the link here.  Now i'm aware people will say headphones won't have 7.1, and I'm aware of that but before they were pretty good and mimicing it and even windows would see it as a 7.1 when you configured the headset.

Now since nov 7 and even nov 16 (when another update was pushed)  The headsets for nearly all razer products from what is seen on reddit are junk.  People go and complain about how the swap from stereo to thx spatial doesn't work or in my case it only sounds slightly louder.  You don't have directionality anymore.  I mean when i play apex now it just overwhelming to try listening for steps when you can't even tell if its on your left or right or what not.

I have a set of tiamat v2 that i'm gonna try that also had 7.1 (it actually has 7 mini speakers in each cup) and see if those are any better compared to my blackshark now.  But really i wanted to bring awareness to the fact razer doesn't seem to listen to us, nor just roll back the sound changes they did.

But also looking possibly for suggestions for a good gaming headset (i have seperate stuff for music and all), so suggestions are welcome.  Thanks

Also really would like for linus to see this or even someone from LMG to see this and do testing to see if the synapse updates really did screw with the headsets and audio devices.

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 1700 OC to 3.78 ghz

32 GBs of DDR4 

Asus Motherboard

NZXR H440 RAZER EDITIONS CASE

Asus Strix GTX 1080

Asus Strix Sound card.  

Thermaltake 850W BRONZE PSU