The Wish.com Home Theater Setup

Shahrad

Thanks again to Govee for making this video happen! Upgrade your movie night with their TV Backlight 3 Lite! Check out their products using the links below:

Govee TV Backlights 3 Lite:

Amazon: https://amzn.to/47gBG30

Govee store: https://bit.ly/3MB1Fdx

Govee Christmas String Lights:

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3MFSw3l

Govee store: https://bit.ly/3QySjjw

Govee Outdoor Lights:

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3MxEzo4

Govee store: https://bit.ly/3QRvU2k

Can you buy your home theater setup on Wish? Yes. SHOULD you? Maybe. We ripped out Linus' expensive gear and replaced it on a very tight budget.

Buy a MetroVac ED-500 DataVac: https://lmg.gg/4HDIT

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

This video finally got me to make an account here (I kept forgetting) due to one pressing issue; that astronaut. I am rather suspicious that he may be an older batch, and therefore may still have a dangerous amount of lead and other chemicals in him. The company I work for have completely stopped selling him ever since this was discovered, and I suspect most lots are still affected by this. If anyone owns one of these little fellows, I would highly recommend checking their model numbers to see if they match the affected ones (TYD-YHY-001), as I fear a seller like Wish have not kept up with any such recalls. Honestly, it would not surprise me to see if that's where all the rest of the faulty stock went.

If anyone wants a link/screenshots of the information of the recall, I can hand it over. It is, however, only in Swedish and Norwegian, so it would need to be translated (I even checked our company's internal communication for an English version, but no dice). 

Please be safe out there, and yeet that little man out the door if you suspect he has the Danger Chemicals.

21 minutes ago, IrisBaggins said:

This video finally got me to make an account here (I kept forgetting) due to one pressing issue; that astronaut.

Thanks for the heads up!

7 minutes ago, LMGcommunity said:

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem! 😄

I was so happy to learn that the projector screen was washable.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

It would be nice if LTT stopped making videos where they buy a load of manufactured garbage, LTT could have spent a little more money and time and found products might actually be worth someone buying.

31 minutes ago, darwin006 said:

It would be nice if LTT stopped making videos where they buy a load of manufactured garbage, LTT could have spent a little more money and time and found products might actually be worth someone buying.

It's not like they're telling you to go out and buy it.

6 hours ago, darwin006 said:

Did you notice the Govee stuff they talked about that was sponsored? You can buy those!

A pressing issue I feel was not answered by the video is if that projector screen is washable!

9 hours ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

People don't make that distinction. Remember how angry people were around the Temu set up video?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 11/24/2023 at 12:15 AM, Mojo-Jojo said:

I never got the impression that LTT was suggesting people go out and buy almost all of the stuff they feature in these kind of videos and I dont think most people get the impression that they should be buying the garbage that is featured. But for example in this video the projector screen they bought is likely what showed up first when they searched 100 inch projector screen and sorted by cheapest. If they simply just didnt short by cheapest they likely would have found a screen on the first page of results that a lot of people might feel to be a reasonable price, isnt manufactured garbage and someone might actually get good value out of it if they bought it.

On 11/24/2023 at 6:10 AM, nether1234 said:

Did you notice the Govee stuff they talked about that was sponsored? You can buy those!

The RGB lights? I am not streamer, youtuber or a child, no thanks.

well the video showed the projector was usable in right environment for anyone who want to build a home theater on cheap. if they limit themselves to use all those Govee stuff where they were intended to be used.

but what was more interesting for me was if they would have tested that 8k android box with an 8k video preferably a format like av1 to see what resolution on a format you see everywhere in future it really can support

9 hours ago, darwin006 said:

You know you’re allowed to just skip a video if it doesn’t interest you, right?

9 hours ago, darwin006 said:

Soooo - all of the Ambilight users on Phillips TV's are those? Good to know.

Because, you know, that is one of the most popular Govee products.

On 11/26/2023 at 12:55 AM, darwin006 said:

OK. I guess this video isn't for you then?