CPU Upgrade

aidancomi

Budget (including currency): $300-$350 (for CPU and Cooler)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Nothing specific, trying to remove my CPU bottleneck

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Already have a completed build, and want to upgrade my CPU to get rid of the bottleneck. My budget is $300 to $350 for CPU and Cooler (replacing my existing Wraith STEALTH) and I would prefer to keep all my other current parts. I want to buy exclusively used and don’t want to include selling my existing CPU in my budget calculations. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/aidancomi/saved/P2wMVn

I was looking at the 5800X or 5600X, but don’t know what cooler would be best with my case.

Thanks in Advanced!

2 minutes ago, aidancomi said:

Budget (including currency): $300-$350 (for CPU and Cooler)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Nothing specific, trying to remove my CPU bottleneck

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Already have a completed build, and want to upgrade my CPU to get rid of the bottleneck. My budget is $300 to $350 for CPU and Cooler (replacing my existing Wraith STEALTH) and I would prefer to keep all my other current parts. I want to buy exclusively used and don’t want to include selling my existing CPU in my budget calculations. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/aidancomi/saved/P2wMVn

I was looking at the 5800X or 5600X, but don’t know what cooler would be best with my case.

Thanks in Advanced!

The Peerless Assassin SE 120 is the way to go 🙂  Currently priced at 33 bucks. Can't go wrong with this epic cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LGY38L4?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

30 minutes ago, aidancomi said:

5800X

5700X is going to be easier to cool and run basically 11-12. Also not that much more expensive than 5600X, so go with that. With your current board I wouldn't recommend PBO2 operations either way so better get the core count.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

What cooler do you think would be best for the 5700X that fits my case?

2 hours ago, SorryBella said:

5700X is going to be easier to cool and run basically 11-12. Also not that much more expensive than 5600X, so go with that. With your current board I wouldn't recommend PBO2 operations either way so better get the core count.

23 minutes ago, aidancomi said:

straight up stock cooler. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

10 hours ago, SorryBella said:

straight up stock cooler. 

The 5800X is on sale this weekend, could my existing Wraith STEALTH handle it?

IMG_0725.jpeg

52 minutes ago, aidancomi said:

The 5800X is on sale this weekend, could my existing Wraith STEALTH handle it?

Nope, in that case youll need aftermarket cooler like what @Hinjima points to.

And as you could tell, the cost of the cooler beats the savings.

image.thumb.png.7287df5ed96ca9cbcc13ed86e89b37a8.png

I think I'm going to go with the 5800X and the NH-D12L, it's under my budget and it SHOULD™ fit in my case.

image.png.6ec6fe840dddfa9ac7e114067b0717b3.png

Edited by aidancomi
Added amazon links