Bit problem or cooling problem?

titanhunters21

Hello there!

So some context, I bought my 3090 when it came out and had no issues with it in the beginning. Great card. roughly 2 years later it started cooking the vram hitting the 110c point before shutting down. Thought it was a cooling pad problem so I sent it off to a company who switched out all the paste and pads. They told me that there was a bit problem with the memory but that it shouldnt effect me. 

Now here I am and the problem is still there, playing tarkov, star citizen, valorant and even simpler games and it still shuts the pc down and reboots or it freezes... 

If this is caused by the bit problem, what should I do? If not and its a cooling problem, should I just get water cooling instead?

15 minutes ago, titanhunters21 said:

They told me that there was a bit problem with the memory but that it shouldnt affect me. 

lol, any vram problem will have a negative effect on the user. 

list rest of your specs please. I am not convinced that your issue is graphics card related just yet

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

18 minutes ago, titanhunters21 said:

Hello there!

So some context, I bought my 3090 when it came out and had no issues with it in the beginning. Great card. roughly 2 years later it started cooking the vram hitting the 110c point before shutting down. Thought it was a cooling pad problem so I sent it off to a company who switched out all the paste and pads. They told me that there was a bit problem with the memory but that it shouldnt effect me. 

Now here I am and the problem is still there, playing tarkov, star citizen, valorant and even simpler games and it still shuts the pc down and reboots or it freezes... 

If this is caused by the bit problem, what should I do? If not and its a cooling problem, should I just get water cooling instead?

Dunno what  a "bit problem" is... or maybe it's just a  bit of a problem ? 😄

What are  your temps and  clocks when it  crashes ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I would less trust a bunch of guys to change paste and pads on my gpu than I trust the original paste and pads.

How was the dust situation ?

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

30 minutes ago, Levent said:

lol, any vram problem will have a negative effect on the user. 

list rest of your specs please. I am not convinced that your issue is graphics card related just yet

Im running a 11th gen i9-11900 stock speeds with AIO attached to that on Z590-F motherboard. 64 GB ram 3066MHz.

Well Im pretty sure. I tested switching the 3090 out for my old 1080ti for a three week period, ran like a god damn charm, no crashes no issues what so ever that whole three weeks.

33 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Dunno what  a "bit problem" is... or maybe it's just a  bit of a problem ? 😄

What are  your temps and  clocks when it  crashes ?

The Gpu temo is 61-65c which is fine, the vram temps are hitting that 110c wall. Like it goes for that 9k MHz during game play and within 30 min the card goes supernova.

So the company that said bit problem is a tech one. They ran test's on the card and only came back to me with ''it has a bit problem in the memory''

CaptureTemps.PNG

28 minutes ago, leclod said:

I would less trust a bunch of guys to change paste and pads on my gpu than I trust the original paste and pads.

How was the dust situation ?

Its a company that does services on pc's and tech. Dont think there is going to be a issue there. Dust situation is fine. I keep it as clean as I can, off the ground stand and clean the pc every 5 weeks since I have dogs. Unplug it and everything during cleaning.

9 minutes ago, titanhunters21 said:

The Gpu temo is 61-65c which is fine, the vram temps are hitting that 110c wall. Like it goes for that 9k MHz during game play and within 30 min the card goes supernova.

So the company that said bit problem is a tech one. They ran test's on the card and only came back to me with ''it has a bit problem in the memory''

CaptureTemps.PNG

It's just  bad  VRAM cooling then, you may  yourself add/change  pads, or watercool the card, and it'll be gone (did that on my 3080)

In the meantime just  reduce VRAM  clock in  Afterburner until it stays under 100C

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Do all the fans turn and at which speed ? (I don't know if it's possible for individual fans to stop spinning)

Does your system get enough air ?

Fan Control allowed me to ramp up case fans with gpu temp. It seems lower case temperature would help you.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

26 minutes ago, titanhunters21 said:

Im running a 11th gen i9-11900 stock speeds with AIO attached to that on Z590-F motherboard. 64 GB ram 3066MHz.

Well Im pretty sure. I tested switching the 3090 out for my old 1080ti for a three week period, ran like a god damn charm, no crashes no issues what so ever that whole three weeks.

What psu do you have? Hitting 110c on the memory will not cause your computer to crash it will just hammer the memory clock speed down.

The 3090 has a terrible memory layout because it has chips on both sides of the board , Lots of people have the memory running hot but it's technically rated to 120c.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

I would never take my card back to someone who told me it has a "bit problem", they sound like they're blowing smoke up their asses - wanting to sound more knowledgeable than they are

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

It's just  bad  VRAM cooling then, you may  yourself add/change  pads, or watercool the card, and it'll be gone (did that on my 3080)

In the meantime just  reduce VRAM  clock in  Afterburner until it stays under 100C

So I have reduced it to the bottom. It did not help. I am thinking strongly about going WC cuz they added pads and it just gave me another 10-20 min of game time on the heavier games. 

2 hours ago, Bagzie said:

What psu do you have? Hitting 110c on the memory will not cause your computer to crash it will just hammer the memory clock speed down.

The 3090 has a terrible memory layout because it has chips on both sides of the board , Lots of people have the memory running hot but it's technically rated to 120c.

Soo the 110 is the max before the safety thing kicks in from what I understand when I read about it. And it should throttle the MHz way before that but I dont see it ever happening whilst in tarkov or star citizen. or in any other game for that matter. It just goes full tits on certain games. 

The PSU is a 1000 watts, When I put it all together That had enough and then some, but thats if I read everything right. 

2 hours ago, leclod said:

Do all the fans turn and at which speed ? (I don't know if it's possible for individual fans to stop spinning)

Does your system get enough air ?

Fan Control allowed me to ramp up case fans with gpu temp. It seems lower case temperature would help you.

Every fan is almost maxed out, if you entered my room, you would think you're hearing a F-35 firing up for flight.