Brand new system with a 6750 XT - Black screen as soon as graphics driver installs

Hey all, 

Today I built a brand new system for a family member. System has an MSi RX 6750 XT. 

All went well, installed Windows 10 Pro but at the moment we don’t have an Ethernet cable so installed Windows offline. 

Motherboard has WiFi so downloaded the Chipset, Audio, LAN, WiFi drivers onto a USB stick and installed. 

As soon as the WiFi driver is installed, we can jump on to his WiFi, and an ‘MSi Center’ pop up comes up asking to download the latest driver. If you click ‘No’, screen goes black instantly, but doesn’t go into standby, just stays on but black. 
If you click ‘Install’, installation gets through to 99%, then screen goes black as before. Upon restart, Mobo splash screen comes up but as soon as you’d expect windows to be booting, screen is black again. 

We’ve done a number of system restores and reinstalls of windows. Including keeping the MSi window ‘unresolved’ in the background and installing AMD Adrenalin. AMD Adrenalin installs up to 99%, a bit of the usual ‘flickering’ occurs, then the screen goes black as before. 

Apart from sending the 6750 XT back and going Nvidia I’m not sure what else I can do?

Thanks in Advance! 
Rhys

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

You should probably send the card back and get a different one in its place. This has nothing to do with AMD and it could as well have happened on an nvidia. Anecdotally I had no issues with my card.

I could also suggest checking if any ports get disabled for whatever reason, or if you use any adapters (yes they can cause issues sometimes, I know from experience)

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

DOA card

return it and get a replacement

If you happen to get a refund instead of a replacement then you should consider used 6800(xt)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Just thought I’d update you.

Had a troubleshooting session and it transpired that the issue was a dodgy HDMI splitter 😂 

Plugged the GPU directly to the monitor and immediately stopped having black screen issues. Sometimes the issue is PEBCAK 😂😂

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202