Something to protect your TV from VR controllers?

Ace McPlane
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

Does it have to stay in place all the time, or will you only put it in place when you play VR games?

A big sheet of acrylic or Plexiglas would work, but affect picture quality. That's basically all the "kick-proof" TV was.

Plywood, Masonite, or OSB would protect the TV from just about anything, but you'd have to move it every time you want to watch TV.

Giant screen protectors are an option but seem like a bit much.

probably cause glare.

Anyone have experience with those or those outdoor covers. You don’t really need the screen while playing VR exercise games like Thrill of the Fight much. I just need to cover it and protect it. A giant piece of cardboard would probably work better than anything I’m finding.

This an annoying rabbit hole for a protect to look for. Most of these solutions don’t look like they’d protect the screen much from an impact.

The easiest and cheapest way will probably just be to wear the wrist straps that came with the controllers.  Wii had a problem with people throwing the remotes, pretty sure their OFFICIAL response was "wear the wrist strap properly."

https://www.amazon.com/MYJK-Improved-Replacement-Controller-Marked/dp/B0BRV3XYXQ?th=1

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

image.png.22f58641c4686f454ff2e976e74df401.png

Hang a bedsheet on it, make it taut.

Don't put it too close to the TV.

When not gaming, can be used to ......... hang clothes.

You basically only need something to break the velocity of the flying controllers.

Or you know

image.png.7f81c274ea6b63b6776c720c819207db.png'

But yep, also what @shoutingsteve said.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Does it have to stay in place all the time, or will you only put it in place when you play VR games?

A big sheet of acrylic or Plexiglas would work, but affect picture quality. That's basically all the "kick-proof" TV was.

Plywood, Masonite, or OSB would protect the TV from just about anything, but you'd have to move it every time you want to watch TV.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

That seems like the best solution, but still interested to see what else people came up with.

You could install some rails into ceiling and hang curtains. A decorative piece when not used as protection. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv