What is The Best Unofficial Windows Version?

AmiraliBeast
Go to solution Solved by Inception9269,
19 minutes ago, AmiraliBeast said:

Hi.
I Own A Old Dell Inspiron N5010 As A Backup Laptop For Office And Web Browsing Works.
It Has A Intel i3 First Gen-4GB Of DDR3 Ram- A Old Nasty 320GB Hard drive-AMD Mobile 5000 HD

I Have Interest In Tiny10 But I want At Least Windows Security (That Not Really A Problem As I Have ESET) 

What Do You recommend?

Thanks 🙂

I found the Ghost Spectre iso to be better than the Tiny isos, while also allowing you to keep windows defender.

That said, for such an old device, especially one that uses a HDD and not an SSD (which I recommend replacing. You can easily find 240gb or so SSDs for very little) it'd be far more beneficial to go with something Linux based, such as Mint (particularly LMDE over regular Mint) https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=308 , especially if you only use the laptop for a web browser and word processor, with libre office being a good alternative to MS Office. Which you can install simply by entering "sudo apt install libreoffice" in the terminal. Overall desktop Linux has significantly better security than Windows, even without any added software (such as Malwarebytes or anything along those lines).

Hi.
I Own A Old Dell Inspiron N5010 As A Backup Laptop For Office And Web Browsing Works.
It Has A Intel i3 First Gen-4GB Of DDR3 Ram- A Old Nasty 320GB Hard drive-AMD Mobile 5000 HD

I Have Interest In Tiny10 But I want At Least Windows Security (That Not Really A Problem As I Have ESET) 

What Do You recommend?

Thanks 🙂

19 minutes ago, AmiraliBeast said:

Hi.

What Do You recommend?

Thanks 🙂

I found the Ghost Spectre iso to be better than the Tiny isos, while also allowing you to keep windows defender.

That said, for such an old device, especially one that uses a HDD and not an SSD (which I recommend replacing. You can easily find 240gb or so SSDs for very little) it'd be far more beneficial to go with something Linux based, such as Mint (particularly LMDE over regular Mint) https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=308 , especially if you only use the laptop for a web browser and word processor, with libre office being a good alternative to MS Office. Which you can install simply by entering "sudo apt install libreoffice" in the terminal. Overall desktop Linux has significantly better security than Windows, even without any added software (such as Malwarebytes or anything along those lines).

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

I don't trust any of them. Never have, even back to the "custom editions" of Windows XP that floated around. You don't know what they hacked out, or added back in.

You can make Windows feel snappier by uninstalling stuff you won't use and disabling the animations and effects Windows puts into the interface.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/423950/how-to-disable-window-animations-in-windows-10.html

You can run "decrapifier" tools on top of a vanilla Windows install if you really want to.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

18 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

I Have Mint on my 12th Gen i9 PC But Drivers Are A Problem. I will Look Into Ghost Spectre. Thanks A Lot