Has LMG Issued Any Update Regarding the External Investigation?

Serenikill

I would expect some sort of update after 3 months. Even if it is just "the investigation is still happening".

I'd rather they keep the private investigation private, we've no gain from knowing the outcome and fans have over and over proven they can't keep civil in these matters.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Just now, venomtail said:

I'd rather they keep the private investigation private, we've no gain from knowing the outcome and fans have over and over proven they can't keep civil in these matters.

All they have to do is go through changes recommended by the external investigation that is (supposedly) happening. They don't need to name names. I'm not comfortable watching their content until that happens. Certainly never saying anything again about such serious accusations is not a good look?

Someone asked a question on the WAN show as well, and "paid" 20 I think and it was not picked up for asking. I think it's probably better to be honest, it would be sh1tfest of opinions and conspiracy claims on all sides etc.

24 minutes ago, Serenikill said:

All they have to do is go through changes recommended by the external investigation that is (supposedly) happening. They don't need to name names. I'm not comfortable watching their content until that happens. Certainly never saying anything again about such serious accusations is not a good look?

You do you.

I'm sure there's more to this than anyone on the forum knows, and potentially sides of certain events that will never come to light. They're taking steps to remedy things and dragging it through the media any further only serves to hurt the brand further, regardless of whether it's meant to be "positive" insight.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

LMG has no obligation to disclose this, and further more it's private information. If you don't feel comfortable with this you need to go get a real job. Everyone is obligated to have private lives, and it is best for every party that these matters stay private.

34 minutes ago, Serenikill said:

They can go through the recommended changes by the external investigation without telling any of that they have. If every single company publicly announced the results of their internal investigation for any issue they face, that'd all we'd hear on the news every single day.

I have full faith in LMG not being evil and doing the right thing without telling us strangers.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Here is the quote guys.

“as part of this process, beyond an internal review we will also be hiring an outside investigator to look into the allegations and will commit to publish the findings and implementing any corrective actions that may arise because of this.”

I'm not really interested in your opinion on what they should/shouldn't say but they promised to publish the findings and so I was wondering if they did.

A simple no would have sufficed.  

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/16/23834190/linus-tech-tips-gamersnexus-madison-reeves-controversy

28 minutes ago, Serenikill said:

Here is the quote guys.

“as part of this process, beyond an internal review we will also be hiring an outside investigator to look into the allegations and will commit to publish the findings and implementing any corrective actions that may arise because of this.”

I'm not really interested in your opinion on what they should/shouldn't say but they promised to publish the findings and so I was wondering if they did.

A simple no would have sufficed.  

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/16/23834190/linus-tech-tips-gamersnexus-madison-reeves-controversy

Maybe a lawyer or the third party investigator they used told them not to share anything? Also they are a privately owned company so it's not like they have the public to answer to. Also, maybe they just changed their mind. Either way, sounds like you won't be watching any LTT videos anytime soon... 

-= Locked =-

At this time the investigation is under way and won't be reported on until completed. They cannot talk about while it's still open, legal reasons and such.

This topic is locked for the same reason the mega topic was, and we don't really need another topic on the issue.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER