Unifi Open ports

G_K

I am having problems with connecting to online or logging into my playstation account, i contacted playstation and there response was

''Please speak to your Internet service provider about how to open the following ports on your router:
TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480 UDP: 3478, 3479

I dont know how to do this can someone guide me through on how to open my network ports, and also do this while keeping my network secure, please can you explain for each box on the screenshot i posted what i put in the boxes to make this open ports work for my playstation, thanks

image.thumb.png.cf4558172b6195118d8dcd414bb9d23d.png

Under no circumstances do you need to port forward those ports, they're already open for outbound connections unless you have an ACL blocking them which I highly doubt you do. Unless you want someone connecting to your PlayStation over those ports (which isn't what you want), support is 100% wrong to tell you to do this.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Under no circumstances do you need to port forward those ports, they're already open for outbound connections unless you have an ACL blocking them which I highly doubt you do. Unless you want someone connecting to your PlayStation over those ports (which isn't what you want), support is 100% wrong to tell you to do this.

would unifi ips or honeypot block the playstation by chance, again not a network guy, so am new to learning this

4 minutes ago, G_K said:

would unifi ips or honeypot block the playstation by chance,

Perhaps. Could block inbound. Check your logs.

BTW, why would you have IPS activated anyway?

5 minutes ago, G_K said:

again not a network guy, so am new to learning this

And you're using UniFi?

5 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

And you're using UniFi?

image.thumb.png.0e8e7f7e90da753cc1e4c3580a92beee.pngscreenshot attached to show these weird logs of the ps4 pro disconnecting and connecting over and over, for some reason

''And you're using UniFi?'' - and yes gotta start some where to learn, tbh i started with a cheap router of asus gaming router, now i changed to unifi

12 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

And you're using UniFi?

Playstation IP Address 192.168.3.106

image.thumb.png.6b04c07bf435d27f318ae366e388ea71.png

11 hours ago, G_K said:

-snip-

screenshot attached to show these weird logs of the ps4 pro disconnecting and connecting over and over, for some reason

Is the 'SL IOT' SSID setup for your IOT devices? And if so, did you setup that network with a VLAN that restricts bandwidth and/or limits how it talks to the rest of the network/outside interwebs? Or is that just your only SSID/wireless network? For one, hardwire the PS4 if you can; if you can't, connect it to your main SSID, not the one for your IOT devices.