Lenovo laptop not outputting through a USB-C to Displayport cable

IproZ

Hi! I'm having issues with using a usb c to displayport cable. I bought a Dell G2724D and it arrived with a cable included so I wanted to use it but I just get no signal output to it from my Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6 laptop. I've tried another laptop too but that one works perfectly. All of my drivers are up to date and it shows up as a Billboard device but there is just no output. The user manual says that the usb c port that I am plugging into supports DP 1.4.

First thing I looked for was to confirm that port actually supported DisplayPort AltMode and it appears that it does. 

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/IdeaPad/IdeaPad_5_Pro_16ACH6/IdeaPad_5_Pro_16ACH6_Spec.pdf

image.png.7bb95a7fa45b5628e13e9f13c4e2477a.png

No other displays give an image? Detect displays option in Windows? What does the Display section of Windows Settings show? 

14 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

First thing I looked for was to confirm that port actually supported DisplayPort AltMode and it appears that it does. 

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/IdeaPad/IdeaPad_5_Pro_16ACH6/IdeaPad_5_Pro_16ACH6_Spec.pdf

image.png.7bb95a7fa45b5628e13e9f13c4e2477a.png

No other displays give an image? Detect displays option in Windows? What does the Display section of Windows Settings show? 

Over HDMI it works fine, but with the same cable and different monitor it has the same issue. Display section only has settings for the internal display, but on the other laptop it works at full 1440p 165 Hz.

1 hour ago, IproZ said:

Over HDMI it works fine, but with the same cable and different monitor it has the same issue.

Have you been able to try a different USB C to DP cable?

1 hour ago, IproZ said:

but on the other laptop it works at full 1440p 165 Hz.

What was this second laptop connected with?

5 hours ago, NavyCobra1417 said:

Have you been able to try a different USB C to DP cable?

What was this second laptop connected with?

It was a cheaper Lenovo IdeaPad and it was connected with the same cable. And no I wasn't able to try a different cable.