PSU brand Sunroot which I cannot find any reviews for

Usaidh

Yeah so this brand is a very cheap brand and I was looking for, budget and reliable PSUs for my system. Then I came across this. Anyone has any idea regarding the reliability of this brand?

Screenshot_2023-11-15-18-24-39-348_lk.ikman-edit.jpg

It claims to be 80+ Bronze 230V EU rated, but I couldn't find any brand on the 80 Plus website that had a name like that. So I'd be very sceptical of their other claims as well. 

:)

13 minutes ago, Usaidh said:

Yeah so this brand is a very cheap brand and I was looking for, budget and reliable PSUs for my system. Then I came across this. Anyone has any idea regarding the reliability of this brand?

Screenshot_2023-11-15-18-24-39-348_lk.ikman-edit.jpg

looks like a cheap, generic korean(website leads to some company that apparently sells tvs, gpus and psus) PSU. If it's cheap, that's probably the reason why. Literally only pick this if you're desperately trying to cut costs and even then just think of it as a temp.

That 80 Plus certification is as fake as a $3 bill, so all of its other specs are probably lies too. It might be serviceable if you run it at less than half the capacity the label claims it has, but you're better off buying a name brand power supply.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

tx750

Obscure korea brand but judging by customer reports seems pretty decent, also has a 5 year warranty

And hey looks like i know that my tundra 700w 85+ (effective 648w) is actually an obscure korea psu since the site also has This tundra 700w with an actual 80+ bronze rating, and that thing is now powering my x58 oc shenanigans not to mention previously the rig with an x5650 oced to 4.2ghz + an rx 580 2048sp so its a pretty good unit as far as i can tell

Looking at the site there are also lots of other obscure korea brands like coolmax, aone, ecomax, etc. All with pretty good reviews

Theyre still branded psus but obscure everywhere outside of asia, youll have to research via korean reviews, google translate will help but customer reviews are the easiest to determine quality cause the obvious star rating

since the customer reviews seem good id say its problably gonna be ok judging also by the 12v rail which is within margin of error to the psu rating, 80+ rating can be ignored as thats largely not a factor in quality

Id reccomend doing some research before buying, anything that isnt a completely unbranded black box from china is worth having a look at since at the bare minimum they wont explode

Though youll problably find a cheaper and/or better quality used psu though so unless this things going for 40-50$ look for a used 750/850w gold like the rm(x) or equivalent since those tend to float around 40-60$

Btw

Country?

Budget for the full pc?

Usecase?

Any existing parts/parts that have been bought already?

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

tx750

Obscure korea brand but judging by customer reports seems pretty decent, also has a 5 year warranty

And hey looks like i know that my tundra 700w 85+ (effective 648w) is actually an obscure korea psu since the site also has This tundra 700w with an actual 80+ bronze rating, and that thing is now powering my x58 oc shenanigans not to mention previously the rig with an x5650 oced to 4.2ghz + an rx 580 2048sp so its a pretty good unit as far as i can tell

Looking at the site there are also lots of other obscure korea brands like coolmax, aone, ecomax, etc. All with pretty good reviews

Theyre still branded psus but obscure everywhere outside of asia, youll have to research via korean reviews, google translate will help but customer reviews are the easiest to determine quality cause the obvious star rating

since the customer reviews seem good id say its problably gonna be ok judging also by the 12v rail which is within margin of error to the psu rating, 80+ rating can be ignored as thats largely not a factor in quality

Id reccomend doing some research before buying, anything that isnt a completely unbranded black box from china is worth having a look at since at the bare minimum they wont explode

Though youll problably find a cheaper and/or better quality used psu though so unless this things going for 40-50$ look for a used 750/850w gold like the rm(x) or equivalent since those tend to float around 40-60$

Btw

Country?

Budget for the full pc?

Usecase?

Any existing parts/parts that have been bought already?

To be fair the customer reviews on tons of blowy uppy psu's are often decent because they don't break day 1 and then people don't update their review after.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

To be fair the customer reviews on tons of blowy uppy psu's are often decent because they don't break day 1 and then people don't update their review after.

Id figure that ppl would update their review or something, probs wanna sift through the bad reviews to see any recurring patterns like bad qc, random death, catastrophic failiure, etc.

But if overall is decent, bad reviews arent consistent, and the 12v rail isnt garbage then id say its fine