Single rail or multi rail Psu for Rtx4090?

Gorki

Can anyone explain what is the difference and  why is one better than the other for high power Gpu? I bought my self BeQuiet straight power 12  for my 4090 and now i am on the fence..

Always try to get a multi rail PSU for higher power PSUs. It's just an additional protection, and "single rail" is just another way of saying that they cut corners by omitting it. You'll typically find clueless and gullible people recommend single rail PSUs, think YouTubers and people that watch them. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Always try to get a multi rail PSU for higher power PSUs. It's just an additional protection, and "single rail" is just another way of saying that they cut corners by omitting it. You'll typically find clueless and gullible people recommend single rail PSUs, think YouTubers and people that watch them. 

That what i heard, that single rail is better.. 

The choice of high-end ATX3.0/3.1 units with multiple 12v rails is very limited. There's a be quiet! Dark Power 13 but the thing struggles with OCP protections on each 12v rail. It seems a hard job to develop a top notch ATX3.0/3.1 unit with multiple 12v rails. Until now the best ATX3.0/3.1 units are single rail.

1 hour ago, Gorki said:

Can anyone explain what is the difference and  why is one better than the other for high power Gpu? I bought my self BeQuiet straight power 12  for my 4090 and now i am on the fence..

Single rail

Multi rail can be decent looking at the revolution df psus but theyre generally trash especially if you are looking at lower wattage units

Just wait for the psu to arrive and when it does arrive see if it works fine with your gpu and there arent any shutdowns under full load (furmark + prime95 smallest ffts)

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

The choice of high-end ATX3.0/3.1 units with multiple 12v rails is very limited. There's a be quiet! Dark Power 13 but the thing struggles with OCP protections on each 12v rail. It seems a hard job to develop a top notch ATX3.0/3.1 unit with multiple 12v rails. Until now the best ATX3.0/3.1 units are single rail.

How's the HX1000i(2023) and HX1500i(2023)? It's ATX3.0, you can switch from multi to single rail and even adjust OCP.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

On 11/13/2023 at 9:05 AM, Ralf said:

How's the HX1000i(2023) and HX1500i(2023)? It's ATX3.0, you can switch from multi to single rail and even adjust OCP.

HX units are some of the best PSU's you can buy , All are considered A tier so if its a good price you can't go wrong.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset