Is WIX a good website builder?

Evening All, 

Began the creation of my first website, and I'm having trouble utilizing the tools that wix.com is providing me.  I've invested in my domain, and the 1-year subscription to the service, and now I'm unsure if I should continue the service, being that I am having difficulty creating the appearance I am wanting.  My question is this, is wix.com a good platform to build my website, or should I get a refund for the year subscription and put my money into something else? Is there a  program that is better for website building?  I just want to start creating my website right the first time around, and not have to change later in the year.  thanks for your time! 😛

29 minutes ago, nicholasC said:

Evening All, 

Began the creation of my first website, and I'm having trouble utilizing the tools that wix.com is providing me.  I've invested in my domain, and the 1-year subscription to the service, and now I'm unsure if I should continue the service, being that I am having difficulty creating the appearance I am wanting.  My question is this, is wix.com a good platform to build my website, or should I get a refund for the year subscription and put my money into something else? Is there a  program that is better for website building?  I just want to start creating my website right the first time around, and not have to change later in the year.  thanks for your time! 😛

Site builders like Wix and Squarespace are limited to the confines of however they've designed their system. This allows novice website designers (aka small business clients who can't afford to pay someone or don't need to create something bespoke) to build a basic site within the confines of the system for a relatively affordable price. On the flipside, the platform's design and framework can limit your capabilities or even growth, depending on your needs.

IMO, Wix is fine as a means of getting started, but I recommend most of my small business clients go with Squarespace if they don't need / can't afford something custom built, or at the very least a WordPress / Node.JS site. Really, it all boils down to what you're trying to build with this website, and where you see things headed in the future. Feel free to share some details about your site and goals and we can make some suggestions if you want. 🙂 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)