How do you run the cable for your headphones?

Deuteronomy93

Hi all

So I've always had some sort of annoyance with the cable. My current cable is partially coiled but I do still get annoyed by straight ones.

I won't go wireless (less weight, not having to worry about charge, responsiveness etc), and use a DAC as I do appreciate good sound.

With and without the DAC I've run the cable in pretty much every route under and over the desk (including drilling holes for a clean run) with it always being in the way somehow.

I've been using a Keychron Q11 for a couple of months now and really like it, having a split keyboard means I can run the cable down the middle which, I feel, has improved things immensely. It wasn't a consideration when buying the board but it was a very nice surprise.

It still isn't "perfect" with my hanger being to the side, but I kind of feel that it's as close as I'll get, at least for the moment.

How do the rest of you run your cable in a way that is at least satisfactory for you, or have you seen other methods you're interested in but have yet to try?

I have  a wall to my left and my chassis to my right on a second desk. So my favourit place for them is to have the wire go from under the desk( not hanging) and for the headphones to hang on the wall on my left. The wire input on my Razer headphones are also in their left side. So that's the least intrusive way with the headphones not intersecting with any other devices or wires.

But in my experience, obsessing over things like these is more of an OCD thing. At least for me personally, and trying to solve that personal issue is more important as I know that I will never be fully in peace with the formation of things an will just wait time and mental and physical energy worrying about it.