(White) Case with Room for Artic Liquid Freezer 280

KKLawrence

Hi everbody, so I'm upgrading my GPU and my old case (Fractal Meshify 2 Compact) is a very tight fit, so I want to upgrade.

I have a full-size ATX Motherboard, the Arctic Liquid Freezer 280mm and need space for a big GPU (RX 7800 XT / RX 6950 XT / RTX 3080 ti) and one hard drive at least. I also have some fans, so it wouldn't need to come with ones installed, I could manage.

As far as I know of, the Corsair 5000 D Airflow and the Fractal Meshify 2 are good cases with enough room, not to big.

I have seen the Fractal Pop Air XL with a Topmounted Liquid Freezer and the Fractal north with a sidemounted AIO.

Do you know of other good cases? I also wouldn't want to spend more than 150€ on a case, preferably with good airflow. Thank you!

The Lian Li Lancool 216 is pretty popular nowadays. It has very good airflow, is very spacious and easy to build in, but isn't too big. I've built 2 different systems in them since they're so easy and fairly cheap (about $100 compared to the ~$150 cases you mentioned). It's at least worth a look. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The Lian Li Lancool 216 is pretty popular nowadays. It has very good airflow, is very spacious and easy to build in, but isn't too big. I've built 2 different systems in them since they're so easy and fairly cheap (about $100 compared to the ~$150 cases you mentioned). It's at least worth a look. 

Sounds like a good fit, unfortunately I either would need another AIO as the chonky Liquid Freezer is to thicc to be top mounted or I couldn't use the 2 big 160mm fans in the front
Otherwise a great case that wasn't on my radar, thanks!

3 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

Sounds like a good fit, unfortunately I either would need another AIO as the chonky Liquid Freezer is to thicc to be top mounted or I couldn't use the 2 big 160mm fans in the front
Otherwise a great case that wasn't on my radar, thanks!

Having used that case, trust me, you've got plenty of room up top for the AIO. The motherboard's vertical position is shiftable, so in the lowest position it would end up with significant amounts of room for the AIO up top. 

On 11/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

Having used that case, trust me, you've got plenty of room up top for the AIO. The motherboard's vertical position is shiftable, so in the lowest position it would end up with significant amounts of room for the AIO up top. 

I looked in the manual and it seems to be a tight fight, but it could fit. The referred max thickness in the manual is 60mm for 280mm radiators, the Liquid Freezer II has 67mm thickness. I have seen one build (on pcpartpicker) with the AIO in the Top, but it's a tight fit, that I wouldn't want to bet 100 bucks on.