7800X3D SOC voltage

4b33r
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
2 hours ago, 4b33r said:

After setting my memory to the EXPO profile, I manually set the SOC voltage in the BIOS to 1.05v fully expecting it not to boot. Planning on gradually increasing the voltage until the system was stable. But it booted into windows straight away, the memory running at EXPO speed. In HWinfo the motherboard sensors show the SOC voltage at 1.08v and so does the BIOS but the CPU sensors are showing the SOC voltage as 1.2v and so does the AMD Ryzen master software. 

So what is my actual SOC voltage?

It's probably 1.2V, though can you send screenshots of HWInfo just to make sure? It was a bug on early Gigabyte BIOSes especially where the SOC voltage setting was broken and you needed to use the one in the AMD Overclocking submenu in order to get it to work. 

After setting my memory to the EXPO profile, I manually set the SOC voltage in the BIOS to 1.05v fully expecting it not to boot. Planning on gradually increasing the voltage until the system was stable. But it booted into windows straight away, the memory running at EXPO speed. In HWinfo the motherboard sensors show the SOC voltage at 1.08v and so does the BIOS but the CPU sensors are showing the SOC voltage as 1.2v and so does the AMD Ryzen master software. 

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

delete

🤔

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

7 minutes ago, venomtail said:

🤔

I said something, re-read the OP, it was wrong so I deleted it. Can't remove posts entirely so.. yeah.

2 hours ago, 4b33r said:

It's probably 1.2V, though can you send screenshots of HWInfo just to make sure? It was a bug on early Gigabyte BIOSes especially where the SOC voltage setting was broken and you needed to use the one in the AMD Overclocking submenu in order to get it to work. 

It'll be 1.2v , in my experience 7000 series socs won't do expo at 1.05v.

There will be some offset for expo bumping it up.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Should I try setting a negative offset for SOC voltage in the AMD Overclocking menu in the BIOS?

CPUsensors.JPG

MOBOsensors.JPG

For reference, Asrock board and manual SoC voltage set to 1.25.

image.png.db358828d7377cd4c98b57bf5d2b2638.png

25 minutes ago, 4b33r said:

Should I try setting a negative offset for SOC voltage in the AMD Overclocking menu in the BIOS?

CPUsensors.JPG

MOBOsensors.JPG

I wouldn't do an offset voltage, those are somewhat known to cause issues. It should just be possible to set a static voltage in that menu. 

Also just to confirm, are you on the latest BIOS? 

9 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I wouldn't do an offset voltage, those are somewhat known to cause issues. It should just be possible to set a static voltage in that menu. 

Got it, will try that now. I am on the latest BIOS.

31 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I just set the SOC voltage as 1150 in the AMD overclocking menu but HWinfo is still showing it as 1.2v and so is Ryzen Master.

12 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

3 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

For reference, Asrock board and manual SoC voltage set to 1.25.

I finally managed to do it after trying a few things.
What worked was setting the SOC voltage on the main "tweaker" page to auto THEN going into the AMD overclock settings and changing the SOC voltage.
The cpu (SVI3 TFN) sensor on HWinfo and Ryzen Master both now show the correct SOC voltage and the motherboard sensors show about 30mv above that.
Also I may have won the silicon lottery as I managed to lower the SOC voltage to 1v flat, boot into windows, run OCCT memtest and get errors. Right now it seems stable at 1.05v.

1vSOC.JPG