Remote Play (local) - Best Remote Build

Bamfhammer

It has been a while since I have seen LTT review the NVidia Shield, and since then I haven't seen much in the way of streaming locally from your gaming PC to a TV and/or a handheld.

I am trying to cut down on time spent in my office and have been looking to stream to a TV on a different floor or to my phone with a connected controller and headphones. I know Steam Link works for this as well as Moonlight, but I was wondering if, for handheld anyway, getting a Steam Deck or an Asus ROG Ally would improve the experience over an S22 Ultra strapped to an old XBox or PS controller. Does anybody have experience with this? What are some pros and cons of going to a handheld, or is a controller attached smartphone just as good? Am I missing an obvious option?

I am currently using either Steam or the Geforce Experience Shield streaming functionality for connectivity because of how easy they are to use and how most things work immediately with a controller attached, but should I be considering something else?

Would be great to see a detailed video on these options (heck we got 2 videos on the steam cache, this should be easier and a lot more applicable for viewers)

Thanks!