Where do I find emulators on my iphone

MisterLee1994

Since my iPhone 15 pro is a badass gaming phone I want to play emulators on iPhone from nes to switch ps1 to ps3 where do I find them?

10 minutes ago, whispous said:

You can't do it without sideloading/jailbreaking. They're not allowed on the app store.

Fuck how do I sideload these apps?

5 minutes ago, MisterLee1994 said:

Fuck how do I sideload these apps?

Unfortunately, if you have to ask, you're not ready for the technical depth required. It is NOT easy or without consequence.

You also must understand that just because the new Phone has strong gaming capabilities, this does not extend to performance of emulated titles - to take advantage of the fresh hardware and software APIs, games need to be properly coded to efficiently use them.

7 hours ago, MisterLee1994 said:

how do I sideload these apps?

If my old device from six years ago can run some emulation, and a tablet with an chip from 2014 level of performance can run ps2 games, I am confident the chips in iPhone are up to the task.

Find the singular, legitamite jailbreak software for your device

https://forums.xda-developers.com

If it isn't there yet, then the new device has not yet had the system locks bypassed.  It could take a year or even three, so check out https://retroarch.com/ on your pc.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

And here you have run into the single largest issue with Apple devices. If Apple doesn't want you to do something, you simply do not do it. And Apple does not want you to run emulators. Try searching for websites that let you play emulated games online.

Typically people check Google before dropping 1000 USD on a toy.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

You can't, buy an android then you can side load.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Or wait for a jailbreak, they do happen occasionally.  A used tablet from ebay could also be an option, Sony has their Xperia Z tablet with a high-quality screen.

@whispousMicrosoft has a new picture of the hill photo:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/06/i-just-found-out-that-microsoft-made-a-4k-version-of-the-windows-xp-wallpaper/

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

47 minutes ago, E-waste said:

Or wait for a jailbreak, they do happen occasionally.  A used tablet from ebay could also be an option, Sony has their Xperia Z tablet with a high-quality screen.

@whispousMicrosoft has a new picture of the hill photo:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/06/i-just-found-out-that-microsoft-made-a-4k-version-of-the-windows-xp-wallpaper/

image.png.66fd692111fc6ac468ee10771ee4c916.png

Hey there! You can sideload with AltStore or Sideloadly on your computer! They document the process and you will have to provide a working Apple ID but you can make a dummy one if you don't want to use your own. I'm using this on my iPhone SE (2020) on 17.0.3 working perfectly for YouTube without ads and a torrent client.

https://altstore.io

https://sideloadly.io

On 10/9/2023 at 3:45 AM, whispous said:

Unfortunately, if you have to ask, you're not ready for the technical depth required.

It's not too hard, but you will struggle a bit. Also, unless you wanna emulate GBA games or DS (maybe) games you're out of luck. No PS3 emulation on a phone. So, temper your expectations and don't think you're gonna be getting top level console performance out of an iPhone.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:01 PM, thevictor390 said:

If Apple doesn't want you to do something, you simply do not do it. And Apple does not want you to run emulators.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:30 PM, manikyath said:

you cant. thank apple for that and move on with your life.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:36 PM, SansVarnic said:

You can't, buy an android then you can side load.

You can! It's not the most ideal, easy, or user friendly thing, and it's far inferior to Android, but you definitely can, provided someone's developed an emulator that can be sideloaded. Delta Emulator for instance does NES, N64, and GBA, and DolphiniOS does Wii and GameCube. 

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

9 hours ago, mr cheese said:

Hey there! You can sideload with AltStore or Sideloadly on your computer! They document the process and you will have to provide a working Apple ID but you can make a dummy one if you don't want to use your own. I'm using this on my iPhone SE (2020) on 17.0.3 working perfectly for YouTube without ads and a torrent client.

which both appear to be very flawed solutions, about as flawed as a tethered jailbreak.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

which both appear to be very flawed solutions, about as flawed as a tethered jailbreak.

Not necessarily true! Tethered requires you to be attached to your computer every time you reboot. Altstore and Sideloadly both have you only needing to refresh on the same Wi-Fi network, or tethered by cable, once a week. Regardless, it's still not impossible.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

3 minutes ago, mr cheese said:

Not necessarily true! Tethered requires you to be attached to your computer every time you reboot. Altstore and Sideloadly both have you only needing to refresh on the same Wi-Fi network, or tethered by cable, once a week. Regardless, it's still not impossible.

you need to regularly run trough a process to make sure stuff keeps working, and i found that out not by reading the instructions, but by people struggling with that process getting stuck, constantly.

yes it works, but no, it's not a permanent solution.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

you need to regularly run trough a process to make sure stuff keeps working, and i found that out not by reading the instructions, but by people struggling with that process getting stuck, constantly.

Of course, but the idea is that it is possible, even if a little complicated. That's what OP was asking for. Sometimes it's the things you have to do to get things to work when you're already invested in a platform

It's an interesting solution but I'd be prepared for the whole thing to end very suddenly if the wind changes direction at Apple. As the whole thing requires going through your own Apple ID as a developer.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 9:32 AM, manikyath said:

well, yes,but you're on a "badass" iphone (uh) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/16/2023 at 3:17 PM, thevictor390 said:

It's an interesting solution but I'd be prepared for the whole thing to end very suddenly if the wind changes direction at Apple. As the whole thing requires going through your own Apple ID as a developer.

i also wonder how good this actually runs and how its supported (in terms of software)   guess we have to wait for OPs impressions since they now have the solution (surely?) 🙂

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity