Best way to connect 280mm rad fans and case fans on my new motherboard?

Andrewxe
Go to solution Solved by QuantumSingularity,

For front mounted rad, best way is to mount it with the tubes down and fans pushing through the rad. You would have to reassemble them on the other side of the rad, so they can blow the air through. As for the connections - i am not sure they should be separated. On my LF II 360 the fans and the pump are all connected to the board through a single 4-pin cable. Which revision is yours. because there are 7 revisions of this cooler.

For the rest of the fans - top and read, you can plug them whichever way you see fit, just have to remember which one is which when you go to BIOS to adjust them. That's why i usually plug my rear fan on a separate header on the board, the 3 fans in the front are daisy chained and connected to another header and the fans of the freezer are connected to each other and then to the pump, which is connected to my CPU_FAN1 header.

But really the most important part is to install the rad with the tubes pointing down.

DON'T do it like that:

DPLg-E9UMAAnICU.jpg:large

DO it like this:

78c78c0942b6ef9dd396d3aa30f29437.jpg

My case is Nzxt s340 elite and my motherboard is B760M Pro RS/D4 and AIO is Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280 (No RGB)

• The radiator needs to be front mounted and which direction should the fan blows?
  • Should I use the included splitter for the AIO combined the two fan connecter into one and connect it to MB or Should I connect the two fans individually on the MB?
  • Case fans top, and back can be plugged in individually I believe...

For front mounted rad, best way is to mount it with the tubes down and fans pushing through the rad. You would have to reassemble them on the other side of the rad, so they can blow the air through. As for the connections - i am not sure they should be separated. On my LF II 360 the fans and the pump are all connected to the board through a single 4-pin cable. Which revision is yours. because there are 7 revisions of this cooler.

For the rest of the fans - top and read, you can plug them whichever way you see fit, just have to remember which one is which when you go to BIOS to adjust them. That's why i usually plug my rear fan on a separate header on the board, the 3 fans in the front are daisy chained and connected to another header and the fans of the freezer are connected to each other and then to the pump, which is connected to my CPU_FAN1 header.

But really the most important part is to install the rad with the tubes pointing down.

DON'T do it like that:

DPLg-E9UMAAnICU.jpg:large

DO it like this:

78c78c0942b6ef9dd396d3aa30f29437.jpg

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |