Is it normal for AA Ni-Mh batteries to have such gap near the wrapper seam?

Tech Reprise

This was a recently bought Ikea Ladda 2450 MIJ (Which is supposed to be similar to Eneloop Pro as made in same factory), the wrapper in Battery 1, 3, 4 are kinda lifting off slightly where one side of the seam overlaps the other side with the gap being more prominent in the battery labelled 1 and least prominent in the 2nd battery.
Considering this is my first AA rechargeable in 29 Years (That's how old I am) I am kind of concerned that if that peels off then it would short or cause a leak. Can anyone clear my doubts if this is normal or not? The charger is not damaging the wrapper in anyway.

The cause of concern: Have used many AA Alkaline batteries and none of them had this gap so thought this might be a Ni-Mh thing.

IMG_20230928_2s12027.thumb.jpg.119240fbc4bfc25f99bf0f945c21d6d8.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

On 9/29/2023 at 12:44 AM, Techreprise said:

This was a recently bought Ikea Ladda 2450 MIJ (Which is supposed to be similar to Eneloop Pro as made in same factory), the wrapper in Battery 1, 3, 4 are kinda lifting off slightly where one side of the seam overlaps the other side with the gap being more prominent in the battery labelled 1 and least prominent in the 2nd battery.
Considering this is my first AA rechargeable in 29 Years (That's how old I am) I am kind of concerned that if that peels off then it would short or cause a leak. Can anyone clear my doubts if this is normal or not? The charger is not damaging the wrapper in anyway.

The cause of concern: Have used many AA Alkaline batteries and none of them had this gap so thought this might be a Ni-Mh thing.

It's literally just a label. The battery would work fine without it even on there.

It is also electrical isolation. The metal can below that wrap is, what seals the battery and as long as that is fine, it won`t leak.