Reddit is to remove ability to opt-out of tracking

Ydfhlx
15 hours ago, Middcore said:

Please. Of course it will be. What other reason for tracking is there? Like the API changes that pissed people off, this is all about monetizing the platform. 

Oh, I'm 120% certain they will. Was just trying to keep my opinions separate from facts.

Anyway, by saying "they will collect" what I meant was "they will collect and sell", because in my mind those are basically the same. No one collects user data without intent to sell it, otherwise there is just no point.

4 hours ago, Ydfhlx said:

Oh, I'm 120% certain they will. Was just trying to keep my opinions separate from facts.t

Anyway, by saying "they will collect" what I meant was "they will collect and sell", because in my mind those are basically the same. No one collects user data without intent to sell it, otherwise there is just no point.t

Well, there are always to avenues: 1) sell the data for others to use; 2)  the data internally for targeting ads, sell targeted ad space.

5 hours ago, Ydfhlx said:

Oh, I'm 120% certain they will. Was just trying to keep my opinions separate from facts.

Anyway, by saying "they will collect" what I meant was "they will collect and sell", because in my mind those are basically the same. No one collects user data without intent to sell it, otherwise there is just no point.

I mean, honest devs just use the data to make products they sell better, so they sell them more because they are better. I know it's a very unorthodox method, but imagine improving sales because of improved product. It's literally unheard of concept.

Yeah, lets track our users and not give them a choice SMH. This is actually really dangerous, the rest of the tech world is also watching to see what they can get away with.

43 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I mean, honest devs just use the data to make products they sell better, so they sell them more because they are better. I know it's a very unorthodox method, but imagine improving sales because of improved product. It's literally unheard of concept.

I just don't believe any corporation by default. Even AMD or NVidia, which in theory should use user data to improve drivers, share it with their party (in other words, track you and sell it). That's why I don't have GeForce Experience, it even requires account ffs.

On 9/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, Ydfhlx said:

oh, ok, so just use vpn and say you're in eu, problem solved!

or don't use that terrible site to begin with 

18 hours ago, Ydfhlx said:

I just don't believe any corporation by default. Even AMD or NVidia, which in theory should use user data to improve drivers, share it with their party (in other words, track you and sell it). That's why I don't have GeForce Experience, it even requires account ffs.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity