macOS Sonoma, has anyone taken the plunge yet?

I got a software update message on my Studio informing me that the Sonoma upgrade is available, and while I wouldn't do this on my daily MacBook Pro just yet as I have Parallels and a bunch of other stuff on there, I may give it a go on the Studio just to check it out. I'm usually not a first day upgrade kind of person, but I never heard anything really disconcerting from people on the beta version.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Updated my M1 Max Mac Studio and M1 Macbook Air on day 1. So far so good. I run parallels and multipass for VMs. For some reason one of my multipass VMs wouldn't boot after the upgrade, but since I create/destroy my multipass VMs via scripts I just deleted and rebuild it without bothering to see what the issue was first.

I haven't really taken the Safari features for much of a spin though because Firefox 118 has local translation (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/) and so that's convinced me to give Firefox another go.

The rest seems fine though. If you've got a nice monitor you'll enjoy those screen savers. It's no joke, they are surprisingly good.

12 hours ago, maplepants said:

The rest seems fine though. If you've got a nice monitor you'll enjoy those screen savers. It's no joke, they are surprisingly good.

I’m rocking an old 27” LED Cinema Display, so decent. The screensavers are actually pretty cool, I’m using the one of the Utah landscape with all the red rock.

I haven’t had the update pushed to my Touch Bar M2 MBP yet, but I did go ahead on my Studio; So far it seems like it’s working fine, I haven’t really gone too far into it yet but the update went smoothly at least.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1