Getting visual artifacts as of a couple of days ago. How can I figure out what is causing them so I can get ahead of this problem?

DeepC_

I've included a quick clip of the problem whilst playing an old game. I have had similar artifacts in Firefox where the entire window will be unusable, and have had it happen to parts of my desktop too. I am running a dual monitor set up and it's happened to both of them at different times. My computer isn't overclocked although I have responsibly overclocked it in the past.

All of my hardware was brand new and has been working fine since I built my PC a couple of years ago. I upgraded the GPU to a 7900XTX at release and everything has still been fine up until now. I am just hoping this isn't my GPU failing and that it might be something less serious? Really want to know how I can determine the cause of the issue.

Running windows 11 fully up to date, AMD drivers fully up to date also.

Ryzen 9 5900X

X570-PRO

32GB DDR4 RAM

ASUS TUF 7900XTX

1x 500GB m.2 SSD

1x 2TB m.2 SSD

Can't recall PSU but it was 1200W Gold or Platinum

1x 4k Monitor, 1x 2k, both using display port cables

If I can provide any more helpful info let me know. Very eager to find out what's going wrong here before my computer dies on me!

😎 Game is Unreal Tournament 2004 😎

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, DeepC_ said:

I've included a quick clip of the problem whilst playing an old game. I have had similar artifacts in Firefox where the entire window will be unusable, and have had it happen to parts of my desktop too. I am running a dual monitor set up and it's happened to both of them at different times. My computer isn't overclocked although I have responsibly overclocked it in the past.

All of my hardware was brand new and has been working fine since I built my PC a couple of years ago. I upgraded the GPU to a 7900XTX at release and everything has still been fine up until now. I am just hoping this isn't my GPU failing and that it might be something less serious? Really want to know how I can determine the cause of the issue.

Running windows 11 fully up to date, AMD drivers fully up to date also.

Ryzen 9 5900X

X570-PRO

32GB DDR4 RAM

ASUS TUF 7900XTX

1x 500GB m.2 SSD

1x 2TB m.2 SSD

Can't recall PSU but it was 1200W Gold or Platinum

1x 4k Monitor, 1x 2k, both using display port cables

If I can provide any more helpful info let me know. Very eager to find out what's going wrong here before my computer dies on me!

😎 Game is Unreal Tournament 2004 😎

Thanks in advance.

That could definitely be GPU memory failing, it behaves very similar to this.  You could try to underclock / undervolt the GPU to see if that helps.
Run Unigen Heaven benchmark to stress the GPU 100% and see if the artifacting pops up there, if so, very likely a GPU issue ( This would be under warranty as the GPU is very new )

36 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

That could definitely be GPU memory failing, it behaves very similar to this.  You could try to underclock / undervolt the GPU to see if that helps.
Run Unigen Heaven benchmark to stress the GPU 100% and see if the artifacting pops up there, if so, very likely a GPU issue ( This would be under warranty as the GPU is very new )

Cheers. I'm going to run DDU just to rule out a dodgy driver and then I'll try this. If the card is in fact failing do you know if overclocking via the Adrenalin software voids the warranty? I was overclocking responsibly earlier in the year, didn't really encounter any problems there but just concerned I might have shot myself in the foot now.

4 hours ago, DeepC_ said:

Cheers. I'm going to run DDU just to rule out a dodgy driver and then I'll try this. If the card is in fact failing do you know if overclocking via the Adrenalin software voids the warranty? I was overclocking responsibly earlier in the year, didn't really encounter any problems there but just concerned I might have shot myself in the foot now.

The card would crash before doing any serious harm through overclocking due to instability, there is no way they would know anyways.

Try DDU then run a stress test to check.

As Hinjima said, most likely it's the GPU memory. 
Remove the GPU overclock and see if it's still happening.
If that solves it, just keep the memory clock speed lower than what you had it at.