delete

lintlickers
5 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yes? No? Maybe? An RGB lit dark image isn't really all that helpful in this case. 

L

5 minutes ago, lintlickers said:

i included multiple pictures..., dont act like i took a shitty 420p blurry out of focus picture. 

Photos still need to be better. Very difficult to see what you're talking about.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I dont see anything weird here but the photos are kinda dark and the second one has colored lighting

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I dont see anything weird here but the photos are kinda dark and the second one has colored lighting

new pictures added.

39 minutes ago, lintlickers said:

new pictures added.

Looks normal. Maybe a variation in how it was manufactured. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, lintlickers said:

i noticed the other day that my rog stix 4090 oc has some discoloration on some of the fins, but ive left a picture down below, any help would be appreciated, ive tried rubbing 70% iso on it and scraping it with my finger nail and nothing, its not smooth like the other fins either. , card is only 3 months old, is it corrosion? if so it doesnt wanna come off, i just took a look at the picture i took of the card the first day i unboxed it and those fins looked like that then, so it came like that from the factory, as you can see it doesnt have a clean finish or smoothness to it, it looks like a weld mark, very noticeable, let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance 

image1.jpeg

image101.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Looks like its nickel plated aluminum? The discoloration is probably from a lack of nickel and therefore showing the matte/washed grey color that is aluminum (technically aluminum oxide being the surface corrosion layer). Just a guess based on the photo.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

7 minutes ago, Agall said:

Looks like its nickel plated aluminum? The discoloration is probably from a lack of nickel and therefore showing the matte/washed grey color that is aluminum (technically aluminum oxide being the surface corrosion layer). Just a guess based on the photo.

its not smooth like the rest either, its bumpy and rough, 

11 minutes ago, lintlickers said:

its not smooth like the rest either, its bumpy and rough, 

Aluminum really doesn't react with much, mostly due to how stable the oxide layer is that is formed. You really never see raw aluminum because it quickly builds this oxide layer.

The heatsink on the ROG Strix 4090 appears to be nickel plated aluminum, which is a lot shinier/glossy than aluminum. Based on the photo, it appears there's a spot with missing nickel plating, therefore giving it a rougher/matte appearance. 

Solution? Find a matching sharpie color and... color it in.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

i really cant see anything weird sorry.

but if the card is in an environment with materials in the air that can cause discoloration I'd be concerned for both my health and other components and anything else in the room. Lol.

3 hours ago, Spoingboib said:

i really cant see anything weird sorry.

but if the card is in an environment with materials in the air that can cause discoloration I'd be concerned for both my health and other components and anything else in the room. Lol.

thats not the issue. nor a concern. the card is brand new. 

On 9/23/2023 at 12:56 AM, lintlickers said:

thats not the issue. nor a concern. the card is brand new. 

Why did you completely overwrite everything in this thread?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU