12VHPWR compatibility with RTX 30 Series

Techo238

Do the 16 pin 12VHPWR cables work with the 30 series cards, Working on my new system and I have an RTX 3070 FE and a Seasonic PSU with no cables and im looking at some cablemod cables but i was wondering if the 16 pin connector fits in the older cards which dont have the 4 sense pins. I have the dual. 8 pin adapter that came with my card so I can use that and just get regular 8 pin cables but the adapter is so friggen ugly. 

Any advice is welcomed.

On 9/22/2023 at 8:25 PM, Robchil said:

Yes

Thanks for the response but my concern is that the 3070 FE card has the port mounted flat on the board (see pic attached) similarly to the 40 series shown above and I dont think there is clearance for the 4 sense pins 

image.thumb.png.8aa49c6a7d993b04cabe9ee9aab39d26.png

5 hours ago, Techo238 said:

Thanks for the response but my concern is that the 3070 FE card has the port mounted flat on the board (see pic attached) similarly to the 40 series shown above and I dont think there is clearance for the 4 sense pins 

image.thumb.png.8aa49c6a7d993b04cabe9ee9aab39d26.png

that is actually.. a different problem..  but honestly.. i would just use the adaptor.. 

On 9/24/2023 at 5:54 AM, Robchil said:

that is actually.. a different problem..  but honestly.. i would just use the adaptor.. 

yeah, turns out cablemod do a cable for it but you have to custom order the cable and it would cost me a ton with shipping and everything to the UK so imma just use the adapter.