Haunted Monitor (Not a joke)

jsnotlout1
Go to solution Solved by jsnotlout1,

Edit: it would appear that the culprit is my display port to dvi is the issue. Problem solved. The 1060 just decided to have port issues the same day.

Guys I need help. I have a monitor. That I thought died. It would flash the screen, showing the display briefly. It was connected to a 1060, which proceeded to stop working. Before I threw out this monitor. I wanted to make sure it was broken, As it was pretty nice. I plugged it into my 5700XT in another system altogether. And now my 5700XT won't work. I tried all the ports. Im running on a spare graphics card. Is it even possible for a monitor to kill a GPU like this????? Im actually at a loss for words right now. No smoke, No sounds. Nothing.

Edit: it would appear that the culprit is my display port to dvi is the issue. Problem solved. The 1060 just decided to have port issues the same day.

28 minutes ago, jsnotlout1 said:

I think your cable is haunted