CPU + GPU TEMPS and possible additional fans

alvez
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
14 minutes ago, alvez said:

Maybe I will just be spending money for a littel improvment right? 😄

Honestly it's more for aesthetics that anything, there will be no performance benefit and I'd guess you'd get maybe a 2-3C improvement at most (my room temp fluctuates more than that throughout the day). That money would probably be better spent on games or other system accessories than fans if these are the temps. 

Also when I mean under load, I mean while gaming. Still good?

I mean, it depends on the game, but for most yeah, ~60C on the 4070 and ~70C on the 5800X3D is very good. Anything under 70C and 80C respectively in games I'd consider good and not worth improving, and you're well beyond that point. 

Hello everyone.

I have the following temperatures on iddle and under load. These are normal temperatures right?

The CPU cooler is a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm. I dont have the best case tbh.

1.thumb.png.9eca75fa5513f3a44b71687bbdd3f399.png

I was thinking of adding 2 additional fans (on the image bellow) pushing air through the GPU to give it more fresh air. Would this be a good idea?

123.png.08e94fd2df97efc2613a0a5a60f7655e__01.png.98c138c7c53ecb10b55a11992977c15d.png.a7175d0ed750afb9639c6e664c503e20.png

Thanks alot!

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

Just now, alvez said:

These are normal temperatures right?

They're very good. 

1 minute ago, alvez said:

I was thinking of adding 2 additional fans (on the image bellow) pushing air through the GPU to give it more fresh air. Would this be a good idea?

It's not a bad idea, but I don't expect it to help either. Your temps are already very good and not worth trying to improve. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

They're very good. 

It's not a bad idea, but I don't expect it to help either. Your temps are already very good and not worth trying to improve. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

11 minutes ago, alvez said:

Good temps. Changing case airflow probably wouldn't make a noticeable difference in cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Honestly it's more for aesthetics that anything, there will be no performance benefit and I'd guess you'd get maybe a 2-3C improvement at most (my room temp fluctuates more than that throughout the day). That money would probably be better spent on games or other system accessories than fans if these are the temps. 

I mean, it depends on the game, but for most yeah, ~60C on the 4070 and ~70C on the 5800X3D is very good. Anything under 70C and 80C respectively in games I'd consider good and not worth improving, and you're well beyond that point.