PC no longer boots.

izadotini

Computer worked fine from june, when i built it, until the beginning of this month when my computer had a WATCHDOG_CLOCK_TIMEOUT blue screen. I looked it up and thought whatever, it's just a random blue screen. Until it happened again and again. I tried updating my drivers and windows, i tried to boot directly into WBM instead of grub and then WBM and then it was fine up untill 2 days ago when it blue screened again and then last night. Last night I restarted my computer and opened a game, then it blue screened, i turned my computer off and back on, instant blue screen didn't even get to the lock screen, turn it back on and it starts hanging on the windows loading, i switch to my linux drive and that crashes in the same way (keep in mind that's on a separate drive not just partition). As of right now it won't even get close to booting, I turn it on and the power indicator light just flashes, no post and no bios access, I've tried almost everything in the no POST guide that's stickied. I've also tried reseating the CPU and replacing the thermal paste before putting the cooler back on, still no luck.

Sorry for the novel and here's my specs:

i7-13700k (base clockspeed)

32gb DDR5-6000 (not running in xmp) RTX 2060 6GB

ASUS Prime Z790-P WIFI

Corsair RM850x

Corsair H5 Flow

1 WD_BLACK 1TB NVME drive

1 INLAND 1TV NVME drive

Hi, If you have another hard drive, try removing both NVME drives, and plugging in just the hard drive. If no other hard drive is available, just try removing both NVME drives and booting.

Consider listening to any music from Love Live! You'll enjoy it.

Browsing too much and not posting enough. Feel free to PM!

31 minutes ago, Mungaru said:

Hi, If you have another hard drive, try removing both NVME drives, and plugging in just the hard drive. If no other hard drive is available, just try removing both NVME drives and booting.

I tried booting without ssds just a 1tb hard drive, no luck. The hard drive does have a windows install on it, not that I was using it.

With no drive, same problem.

Hmm just read it online it says that the error is referring to the outdated firmware of your ssd. Ig try updating that 

15 minutes ago, ItsDestini said:

Hmm just read it online it says that the error is referring to the outdated firmware of your ssd. Ig try updating that 

even without an ssd installed it still doesn't boot.

4 minutes ago, izadotini said:

even without an ssd installed it still doesn't boot.

Check if all the connections are there and stable as if they aren't not fully plugged or something like that

Just now, ItsDestini said:

Check if all the connections are there and stable as if they aren't not fully plugged or something like that

If that doesn't work Ig maybe flashing your bios battery might work? So take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard and put it back in. See if that solves it

3 hours ago, ItsDestini said:

If that doesn't work Ig maybe flashing your bios battery might work? So take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard and put it back in. See if that solves it

All cables are inserted fully in both the psu and the motherboard. CMOS flashing didn't help either. If i have to RMA something, whatever just as long as I know what to RMA. I have another PSU i could use if necessary it's only 650 watts though.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:24 AM, izadotini said:

All cables are inserted fully in both the psu and the motherboard. CMOS flashing didn't help either. If i have to RMA something, whatever just as long as I know what to RMA. I have another PSU i could use if necessary it's only 650 watts though.

650W PSU should be more than enough considering 2060 isn't really that power hungry. Based on the provided info yeah idk only can suggest replacing the SSD or something and seeing if that solves it. GL

Just now, ItsDestini said:

650W PSU should be more than enough considering 2060 isn't really that power hungry. Based on the provided info yeah idk only can suggest replacing the SSD or something and seeing if that solves it. GL

Well yeah rip you said ssd removal doesn't solve it. Then ig try putting some different ram or something. Wait do you get like any error codes on the motherboard like the LED thingy?