reasonable effort and cost "build" to use extra parts

actually_god

so i had some extra radiators, ram, and a case i bought for parts that i needed for my other computer and decided the best use of my time and money was to make these things into a new computer to replace my aging media computer. 

wasnt going for the sleeper look on either computer was just tired of the scifi complicated bs look that scared people when i told them to plug something into my computer so i set on a quest for the shittiest cheapest case facebook could offer that was atx. it didnt need much cooling since my primary computer has a couple mo-ra360s on the floor. the case i ended up with was a lian li pc-70 with a window for like $50. it was the cheapest one and the only person to this day that replied to me. i didnt want a window and it didnt come with drive bay covers. so i setout to find another for parts which is this case that i modified. the radiators and ram are also from earlier revisions to my main computer i had lying around.

my requirements/goals for this build were 

1. use the spare parts 

2. nvidia gpu for ai generative super resolution video 

3. make it child friendly so children cant put food in it.

4. less rgb explosion than my current media computer 

5 make it play games (optional)

the computer it was replacing was an i7 4960x, 32gb ddr3, gtx770 that got replaced with a 3050 for super resolution use, ebga 850w psu that all got biomodified by parts from my main computer that i replaced over time.

new computer is 

7800x3d, 64gb ddr5, rtx4090, 1000w asus psu. temps are good despite it looking like there wouldnt be enough space for air to come out of the top rad it seems to do fine

designed and 3d printed a bunch of parts and overall spent too many hours on it than is ever worth justifying. i think it turned out cool in the sense that if you spend enough money on a thing it just kind of ends up being cool looking. 

if you want something to be mad about. its primary purpose is playing youtube for toddlers (im not even remotely joking) and that is straight up prestone in the tubes because i like the color, also theres one of those cool housings on the d5 that no one will ever see and its only function is to make the fan below the pump res basically useless (i got it because it was shiny). 

i just realized i took out the front 80mm fans when i was building it and they are in backward. not like any of the 80s are plugged in yet but oops...

old 

image.thumb.jpeg.05ef0dee274c68ad4d7c471d4ec2aa80.jpeg

old (bimboified)

image.thumb.jpeg.7929afee43ce2e1e29a10dbcf1fdd299.jpeg

new one

image.thumb.jpeg.56d2c3d25511587186391d7042f05405.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ffa501dd6003cf0b19d812318e352e26.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fcb4802f4cf66b437b51edc348c26e1f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.755bf6c7cde056f17471b611cbe8b4d1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1ff0c4d7053e8f01e823c920677ddecf.jpeg

needs a window imo but one of my favorite build.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

needs a window imo but one of my favorite build.

i cut the window out and added a carbon fiber panel. didnt want a bunch of light pouring out the side since it sits in my living room