iPhone XR battery question

Donut417

Currently Im rocking the XR. I got about 85% capacity left. The battery still lasts more than a day as I dont heavily use my phone every day, only really when Im not around my computer. Do you guys think I can get another year out of this device? I noticed that iOS 17 will be supported on the XR so I figure the XR still should be a good device for at least another year. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

How long had you had the phone? Seems like an easy math problem to compare the years of usage and % lost each year.

See as how it still lasts more than a day, it should easily last another year or few years lol.

I'm at 97% capacity on my 14 Pro and I frequently fast charge, leave it in a hot car, and have the screen set to "never dim / never auto-lock".

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Yes, 85% is a really good battery capacity on iPhone

Usually, the phone will recommend for battery change when it's below 75%

Don't be fooled by Apple marketing that you have to upgrade your "ancient" phone, unless you're desperately wanted the new features that Apple has just announced today

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

I always worry about the planned obsolescence. The XR might be hit hard with iOS 17... especially your battery life as the SOC has to work a lot harder to keep up. Although Apple has been doing better with this.

What's the worse that could happen anyway? I don't see the point in purchasing a phone now. Just get one when yours breaks (if it does) over the next year. And if it doesn't break then you are still ahead.

7 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

How long had you had the phone?

Probably 4 years. 

7 hours ago, ImWilly said:

Don't be fooled by Apple marketing that you have to upgrade your "ancient" phone,

Im not fooled. I just need to know the battery will last. I was planning PC upgrades this year hopefully. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.