2.6K$ Pc List (for streaming, gaming, and editing)

Jacob Does
5 minutes ago, Jacob Does said:

i know a lower Wattage PSU would be a better choice, but i'm choosing it more for future proofing. in the case i may need to upgrade to a different cpu, gpu, or motherboard in the future. 

i'll look into a am5 build, and i chose the cooler just becuase i liked the look of it best honestly. 

No need for a $185 AIO and no worries about looks if you keep your eyes where they should be and that would be on your monitors.  That last build I posted comes well under budget and does everything you need and then some.

4 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

No need for a $185 AIO and no worries about looks if you keep your eyes where they should be and that would be on your monitors.  That last build I posted comes well under budget and does everything you need and then some.

do you have a price range for good AIO's then? i've never looked at AIO's in any kind of dream build or test lests i've done

3 minutes ago, Jacob Does said:

do you have a price range for good AIO's then? i've never looked at AIO's in any kind of dream build or test lests i've done

Arctic and DeepCool 360 AIO's are reasonably priced and provide decent performance.

1 minute ago, Why_Me said:

Arctic and DeepCool 360 AIO's are reasonably priced and provide good performance.

alright. that actually works out well cause i was originally looking at the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360

56 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

64GB is 100$ away, Just go for the same model and with all the savings i did there we can do it at your budget. And for streaming 32GB is already more than enough, you need to rework your workflow if you keep hitting pagefile on it.

i put this Build together for an AM5 socket

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z62QZJ

9 minutes ago, Jacob Does said:

i put this Build together for an AM5 socket

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z62QZJ

All of your title chugs cache but going for 7900X3D doesn't make sense when 7800X3D and hell, 13700 exists. Those 2 CPU would be better suitors for gaming and is still 8 Performance Core/16 Performance Threads which is still a lot for minimum but the frame time benefits are already there in a lot of CPU bound titles. And the software scheduler used for 7900X3D and 7950X3D is a massive kneecap with all of its launch day (and still mostly hardly addressed) issues, as both CPU only has half of its core complex dies (CCD) being covered by the 3DVcache, leaving the other as a "frequency" cores that are used for background task. This means in game, you only have 6/12 to spare. I would prefer the performance consistency of 1 CCD in the 7800X3D.

Also, 4 stick DDR5 plain SUCKS. And all of the 4 stick dual rank operation benefit from the DDR4 days are basically built in with DDR5 dual data bus structure. Stick to 2 stick configuration until multiple AGESA Revisions and maybe a new platform.

1000W and X670E doesnt make sense unless if you use PCIE5 because AM5 is a severely overspec'd platform on CPUs that sips power. Its essentially the same as serving Mcdonalds dollar menu on a Versace plate.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($117.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($299.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  ($743.47 @ Amazon) 
Case: Jonsbo D41 Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($91.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - Download 64-bit  ($129.98 @ Walmart) 
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12C 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($6.59 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2358.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-08 04:55 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

All of your title chugs cache but going for 7900X3D doesn't make sense when 7800X3D and hell, 13700 exists. Those 2 CPU would be better suitors for gaming and is still 8 Performance Core/16 Performance Threads which is still a lot for minimum but the frame time benefits are already there in a lot of CPU bound titles. And the software scheduler used for 7900X3D and 7950X3D is a massive kneecap with all of its launch day (and still mostly hardly addressed) issues, as both CPU only has half of its core complex dies (CCD) being covered by the 3DVcache, leaving the other as a "frequency" cores that are used for background task. This means in game, you only have 6/12 to spare. I would prefer the performance consistency of 1 CCD in the 7800X3D.

Also, 4 stick DDR5 plain SUCKS. And all of the 4 stick dual rank operation benefit from the DDR4 days are basically built in with DDR5 dual data bus structure. Stick to 2 stick configuration until multiple AGESA Revisions and maybe a new platform.

1000W and X670E doesnt make sense unless if you use PCIE5 because AM5 is a severely overspec'd platform on CPUs that sips power. Its essentially the same as serving Mcdonalds dollar menu on a Versace plate.

i would really like to have 64 gigs of ram. part of why i chose the AM4 cpu i did was my understanding is those work about as well as what i want. i also am using this system to edit if thats a factor in anything.

the PSU i want to have room for any upgrades i would do in the future, so while i understand going for a lower wattage would be a better choice currently, i've already been going through revisions before i came to the forums. 

1 minute ago, Jacob Does said:

64 gigs of ram

Except i did. Could you read?

7 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

2 minutes ago, Jacob Does said:

the PSU i want to have room for any upgrades i would do in the future, so while i understand going for a lower wattage would be a better choice currently

Both Corsair RM-e and MSI A-G PCIE5 comes in 1000W variant. Go with that if you insist. But even unlocked PL1 13900K (where its pushed to go all out on power limit to infinity) and overclocked 4090 can fit in an 850W budget. Not comfortably mind you, its 830W peak in Furmark+P95 combo from the reports ive seen, but it fits.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Except i did. Could you read?

Both Corsair RM-e and MSI A-G PCIE5 comes in 1000W variant. Go with that if you insist. But even unlocked PL1 13900K (where its pushed to go all out on power limit to infinity) and overclocked 4090 can fit in an 850W budget. Not comfortably mind you, its 830W peak in Furmark+P95 combo from the reports ive seen, but it fits.

sorry, i've been overwhelmed trying to put this list together for the past week or so. didn't realize it was 64 gigs

i changed my list to some of those components
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WssHh3