RX 6700 crash when displaying 3D

Nagby

Hello,

I have a Sapphire RX 6700 (not XT) 10GB since June, and 2 month later it now crashes when displaying 3D.

Sometimes it's only after some minutes in a game (was able to play ~8min in Ratchet & clank rift appart) but sometimes it's in Google street view or even when switching tabs too quickly in chrome...

The card now has heavy coil whine when displaying 3D, which it didn't do in June and July. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MT_2emLqcc

I already reinstalled windows 10 and graphic drivers, but it didn't change the behavior.

I contact Sapphire to RMA the card but they refused because I have a Seasonic M12II-520 Evo PSU while the minimum requirements for the card is 610W.

I measure the total power consumption with a wattmeter, idle is 60W, GPU crashes happens at 110 to 130W (so the PSU is loaded at 25% of it's rated power), and video rendering for a high CPU load gives a stable 140W without any problems.

I don't have access to another power supply and the problem clearly doesn't come from that, how can I make Sapphire replace my faulty card?

Thank you.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:25 AM, Nagby said:

I don't have access to another power supply and the problem clearly doesn't come from that, how can I make Sapphire replace my faulty card?

Thank you.

God, just lie to them tell them you have tested it with a 1000W Plat PSU of a friend..

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |