4k 160 hz mini led vs 1440p 240 hz oled

Siddhant_MIshra

Again 240 Hz is non sense

Why ?

Human eye can only see 24 images per second that means 24 Hz

But studies especially Japanese study showed that the eye can be still sensitive to fluidity till 120Hz 

So when you have 120Hz screen and 120 fps yes it is helpful 

After that it is marketing

They'll show you fake images of pixels clear and not clear to show how it improves 

that's pure marketing meaning nothing 

of course youtubers sellers magazines will sell you the 240Hz that's how they live they need money 😉 like all of us 

2 hours ago, fred82 said:

Again 240 Hz is non sense

Why ?

Human eye can only see 24 images per second that means 24 Hz

But studies especially Japanese study showed that the eye can be still sensitive to fluidity till 120Hz 

So when you have 120Hz screen and 120 fps yes it is helpful 

After that it is marketing

They'll show you fake images of pixels clear and not clear to show how it improves 

that's pure marketing meaning nothing 

of course youtubers sellers magazines will sell you the 240Hz that's how they live they need money 😉 like all of us 

Are you deliberately trolling?  Its well reported that 24fps was chosen for movies because it was the absolute minimum they could get away with in order to save on film while giving some illusion of smooth movement.  Plus anyone can see with their own eyes easily the difference between a 30fps and 60fps video on YouTube.  You have to be extremely careful with camera movements at 24fps to avoid it just being a blurry mess.  The so called "soap opera effect" is a side effect of people training their brains on 24fps so anything more fluid feels weird to them, despite that fluidity being more true to life.

But when it comes to gaming where motions are much more erratic and faster, its even more important.  The higher the refresh rate, the clearer the image will be when doing fast movements.  This is particularly the case with modern displays due to them displaying the same image persistently until the next one is ready, whereas CRTs would just display a line at a time and the longer it took for the next frame, the more that line would have dimmed - its why you could see them flicker and it would be less obvious as the refresh rate got higher.

Its absolutely true that as the frame rate gets higher you don't necessarily notice the motion being smoother(after about 80fps) but the picture clarity does improve and this is a big deal when playing first person shooters.  But as a mentioned, desktop use is impacted.  The faster you move the mouse pointer, the less visible it is, the higher the refresh rate the easier it is to see it when moving it around quickly.  I've noticed this first hand when doing file management that I can tell I have dragged the item into the right place much more quickly at a higher refresh rate rather than spending a few seconds making sure I'm in the right place before letting go of the mouse button.  Plus as I also mentioned, scrolling web pages, the higher the refresh rate the easier it is to scan the page for what you are looking for without having to stop scrolling first.

Also look at VR, the higher the refresh rate, the less sickness you get as its not about if it looks fluid its about what is happening subconsciously.  I've even seen it suggested we might need 1000fps just to completely eliminate motion sickness from head movements alone as your eyes don't expect to see motion blur during fast movements, its simply not how they work.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

i wonder who is trolling

you copy paste an article without quoting it (what you wrote) but it says what i say and what said the japanese studies or other 

if you cannot understand even what you copy paste LOL

another article about it 

https://www.healthline.com/health/human-eye-fps#how-many-fps-do-people-see

your crap about mouse that's really something lol