SSD Shows in bios but not in Windows.

wolfmcbeard

I recently grabbed a new ssd (a 2tb Teamgroup MP33) to put in my second m.2 slot, but it's not showing up in windows anywhere, I rebooted to get to the bios menu and it does show there.
Is there something I'm missing or some option in Windows I don't know about to initialize it or could I potentially have too many devices since I have two sata drives for storage and another ssd?

R5 5600x
MSI b550 Mag Tomahawk

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

Ok, well, it shows in device manager after I intelligently checked again after posting, and it was there and I was able to initialize and format it.
Third reseating and reboot's the charm I guess, please feel free to berate me now 🙂

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

9 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

I recently grabbed a new ssd (a 2tb Teamgroup MP33) to put in my second m.2 slot, but it's not showing up in windows anywhere, I rebooted to get to the bios menu and it does show there.
Is there something I'm missing or some option in Windows I don't know about to initialize it or could I potentially have too many devices since I have two sata drives for storage and another ssd?

R5 5600x
MSI b550 Mag Tomahawk

So, it's not showing up in Disk Management and/or Device manager  ?

edit : Welp, I guess it's now solved. 😂

Just now, wolfmcbeard said:

Ok, well, it shows in device manager after I intelligently checked again after posting, and it was there and I was able to initialize and format it.
Third reseating and reboot's the charm I guess, please feel free to berate me now 🙂

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just now, Poinkachu said:

So, it's not showing up in Disk Management and/or Device manager  ?

It didn't the first couple of times, I fiddled with it a third time but only checked file explorer because being tired equals a smooth brain.