Is Nvidia Building a Shield Tablet?

hal9001

I was turned of to the shield because of its form-factor, but now with a larger screen and remote game stream I am much more interested. Would any of you get an nVidia Shield tablet?

From Tom'sHardware:

"Last week we reported that an unannounced Nvidia tablet tagged as "Mocha" was spotted on the GFXBench website. The device had a 7.9-inch screen with a 2048 x 1536 resolution and a 5-point touch input at the very least. The device was also powered by Nvidia's new quad-core Tegra K1 chip, which is an ARM Cortex-15 based SoC with 192 CUDA cores.

The tablet's specs also revealed 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage (13 GB free), support for OpenGL ES 3.1, and Android 4.4.2 "KitKat," the same OS that's used on Nvidia's Shield console. A 7MP camera on the back, a 4.8MP camera on the front, and Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity filled the specs list… for now, unofficially.

Now there's speculation that the Mocha device will feature Nvidia's GameStream technology, which means not only will owners play Android games, but stream a growing number of PC games to the device as well if customers have a Kepler-based desktop. The tablet will also supposedly have the Shield branding as well as dual-band wireless connectivity so that gamers can stream those PC titles on the 5 GHz band.

So again, we're left with rumors and speculation. We pegged the "Mocha" tablet as the next installment to Nvidia's Tegra Note series, but this new information has us scratching our heads. A Nvidia Shield tablet? Nvidia has a 5-inch model already with the Shield console. Perhaps the company plans to release a separate controller, or will partner with Power A (Moga controller)?

For right now, we really don't know if Mocha will be a gaming-focused tablet. The device could possibly serve as a second screen to the Shield 2, the latter of which was spotted in April with the Tegra K1 chip powering a 1440 x 810 screen. Shield 2 also included 4 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, and a 0.3MP camera. Hopefully, Nvidia will unravel the mystery surrounding the two devices soon so we can quit speculating."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-shield-mocha-tablet-gaming,26783.html

I was turned of to the shield because of its form-factor, but now with a larger screen and remote game stream I am much more interested. Would any of you get an nVidia Shield tablet?

From Tom'sHardware:

"Last week we reported that an unannounced Nvidia tablet tagged as "Mocha" was spotted on the GFXBench website. The device had a 7.9-inch screen with a 2048 x 1536 resolution and a 5-point touch input at the very least. The device was also powered by Nvidia's new quad-core Tegra K1 chip, which is an ARM Cortex-15 based SoC with 192 CUDA cores.

The tablet's specs also revealed 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage (13 GB free), support for OpenGL ES 3.1, and Android 4.4.2 "KitKat," the same OS that's used on Nvidia's Shield console. A 7MP camera on the back, a 4.8MP camera on the front, and Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity filled the specs list… for now, unofficially.

Now there's speculation that the Mocha device will feature Nvidia's GameStream technology, which means not only will owners play Android games, but stream a growing number of PC games to the device as well if customers have a Kepler-based desktop. The tablet will also supposedly have the Shield branding as well as dual-band wireless connectivity so that gamers can stream those PC titles on the 5 GHz band.

So again, we're left with rumors and speculation. We pegged the "Mocha" tablet as the next installment to Nvidia's Tegra Note series, but this new information has us scratching our heads. A Nvidia Shield tablet? Nvidia has a 5-inch model already with the Shield console. Perhaps the company plans to release a separate controller, or will partner with Power A (Moga controller)?

For right now, we really don't know if Mocha will be a gaming-focused tablet. The device could possibly serve as a second screen to the Shield 2, the latter of which was spotted in April with the Tegra K1 chip powering a 1440 x 810 screen. Shield 2 also included 4 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, and a 0.3MP camera. Hopefully, Nvidia will unravel the mystery surrounding the two devices soon so we can quit speculating."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-shield-mocha-tablet-gaming,26783.html

Yes I assume they will. They did it with their Tegra note 7...I think.  Ya I think they will talk about the Shield 2.0 and the Tegra K1 in june, at what ever tech event happens then. I forgot the name. I personally like the concept of the Shield better, dat controller dough. 

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |

I hope they make a shield 2 with a 5. 5 to 6 inch screen. I have the original shield but I'd buy another one in a second if it had a bigger screen.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I hope they make a shield 2 with a 5. 5 to 6 inch screen. I have the original shield but I'd buy another one in a second if it had a bigger screen.

Same. A slightly bigger screen would make playing FPS's on it so much better.

I hope they build a controller to use with it. The thing I like about the shield over everything else is the legit gaming controls, no on screen crap or halfassed buttons. I'd buy a shield right now if I knew that in a month or two there wasn't going to be a newer version and piss me off.