Entry-level noise-cancelling headphones for flight

thevictor390
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

They're not the greatest, but soundcore Q20's are a very cheap headphone with fair noise cancellation for the price.

Hi all,

I'm the opposite of an audiophile. It's very rare that headphones disappoint me on an audio quality level. But the background noise in an airplane bothers me after a while, and I am about to take a very long flight, so I am wondering what is out there nowadays for low-end noise cancelling. Or is this tech still something that costs hundreds of dollars to do effectively? Appreciate any input. I'd be mainly using them with in-flight-entertainment, Steam Deck, or Nintendo Switch.

Those 34db noise reduction headphones for noisy work + some earbuds in it and you will be deaf basically.

Budget?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Those 34db noise reduction headphones for noisy work + some earbuds in it and you will be deaf basically.

Main issue is that I really don't like wearing earbuds long term, the rubber ones don't fit in my ears at all and the plastic ones get uncomfortable after a while.

1 minute ago, mMontana said:

Budget?

Low, that's kind of the question is how low can I go and still have some functionality without worrying about audio quality. It's just for one flight (maybe more in, like, a few years).

They're not the greatest, but soundcore Q20's are a very cheap headphone with fair noise cancellation for the price.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

36 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

I would recommend the Sennheiser 450BT they are about $120 USD and they have good noise cancelling for the price. They are wireless or wired, and the sound quality is decent for the money as well. Long battery life. Charges with USB C.