Single reservoir dual loop

Hi everyone.

I'm planning to soon upgrade my watercooling loop. Currently running a basic Res>GPU>CPU>360 slim>Res loop.

My plan is to use a T-splitter and go:

Res(1)splitter>GPU>360phat>Res and

Res(2)splitter>CPU>360slim>Res.

Would I be better off using 2 separate returns to Reservoir; or secondary T-splitter for both returns (mainly cause that might work out better for aesthetics and potentially easier runs)?

Edit: Main worry is the difference in loop lenght and components potentially having different pressures and the second splitter having turbulence or even pushback, if that makes sense. Like one loop running more efficiently, so the second would struggle return and mix on the way back or something.

Thanks.

20230827_014805.jpg

20230827_014807.jpg

20230827_014810.jpg

why?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

why?

Just cause. Want to do something unique and for aesthetics. Tired of single loops and the long run from bottom rad all the way up to CPU. Plus case space is quite limited, so can't go dual reservoir.

if its with one pump? back in the day there was a cpu block that did this but never cough on... there is some math and can benefit if done right. i think in eurup when water cooling was first done over there i would see many tubes run everywhere. as long as you have enough flow for one loop should be fine.

i think its the same idea of parallel vs series. water choses witch way it wants to flow

1.png

image.jpeg.84a91fc7a19dd160d78630cda3299f38.jpeg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

41 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

if its with one pump? back in the day there was a cpu block that did this but never cough on... there is some math and can benefit if done right. i think in eurup when water cooling was first done over there i would see many tubes run everywhere. as long as you have enough flow for one loop should be fine.

i think its the same idea of parallel vs series. water choses witch way it wants to flow

1.png

image.jpeg.84a91fc7a19dd160d78630cda3299f38.jpeg

Why are those tubes so large though

Theyre like the size of tubes youd use if you wanna run a ghetto aquarium pump loop

1 hour ago, JeighDe said:

Just cause. Want to do something unique and for aesthetics. Tired of single loops and the long run from bottom rad all the way up to CPU. Plus case space is quite limited, so can't go dual reservoir.

custom loops are done to death, pretty sure alot of ppl have the same idea, i mean performance wise since you arent running in series youll get equal cooling to both the gpu and cpu not have one or the other run hotter

Aesthetics wise itd problably look pretty good depending on how you do it, but good aesthetics =/= unique

For a more unique or rarely done cooling systems youd be looking at subzero waterchilling or phase change cooling and unless you are an oc nut that can take advantage of those subzero temps theyre kinda pointless and draw lots of power, i guess you atleast get bragging rights cause subzero cpu/gpu and ridicolous oc capabilities, aesthetics might be kinda meh depending on how you do it though. Theres also ghetto looping but thats just aquarium pump + massive car rad and really also for oc nuts that want dirt cheap but very potent cooling (ive actually got one thats mostly complete but too lazy to complete it), aesthetics are thrown out the window here. Yea unique and aesthetics dont seem to mix here, one or the other

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Why are those tubes so large though

Theyre like the size of tubes youd use if you wanna run a ghetto aquarium pump loop

custom loops are done to death, pretty sure alot of ppl have the same idea, i mean performance wise since you arent running in series youll get equal cooling to both the gpu and cpu not have one or the other run hotter

Aesthetics wise itd problably look pretty good depending on how you do it, but good aesthetics =/= unique

For a more unique or rarely done cooling systems youd be looking at subzero waterchilling or phase change cooling and unless you are an oc nut that can take advantage of those subzero temps theyre kinda pointless and draw lots of power, i guess you atleast get bragging rights cause subzero cpu/gpu and ridicolous oc capabilities, aesthetics might be kinda meh depending on how you do it though. Theres also ghetto looping but thats just aquarium pump + massive car rad and really also for oc nuts that want dirt cheap but very potent cooling (ive actually got one thats mostly complete but too lazy to complete it), aesthetics are thrown out the window here. Yea unique and aesthetics dont seem to mix here, one or the other

thows are stander 13mm 19mm... maybe you forgot the look of soft tubing?

DSCF1263.JPG

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

thows are stander 13mm 19mm... maybe you forgot the look of soft tubing?

DSCF1263.JPG

Im pretty sure most soft tube and hardline are like half the diameter, even the fancy ass ek velocity² is only g1/4

Im curious if they still sell waterblocks compatible with that tube size without having to drill em or something

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Im pretty sure most soft tube and hardline are like half the diameter, even the fancy ass ek velocity² is only g1/4

Im curious if they still sell waterblocks compatible with that tube size without having to drill em or something

no your not remembering them right there just stander size...

i have a 100 feet and 100 fittings of that size...

watercooling 002.jpg

watercooling 003.jpg

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

no your not remembering them right there just stander size...

i have a 100 feet and 100 fittings of that size...

watercooling 002.jpg

watercooling 003.jpg

Why the hell do you have so many of em

But oh well maybe its the case or something that makes it look larger than it actually is

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Why the hell do you have so many of em

But oh well maybe its the case or something that makes it look larger than it actually is

i like big tubes what can i say... 😂 just kidding($1300 in fittings and tubing...). well it was time and well when way over bored.  thow my build did have like 70 fittings... and i added blocks... dont no if ill use em all. place you cant see i think barbs are fine.

ya could just look bigger. i think way back in the day monsoon made even bigger tubes/fittings then 1/2 if i remember right?

i got lots of build a want to wc like 98se pc, xp pc, tv pc and so on...

Edited by thrasher_565