Life moves on

Shadymonkey

There’s probably a topic covering this and I’m breaking rules by posting this.  I’ve been watching ltt for over a decade and only now made a forum account to say this and probably won’t post again.  

People make mistakes.  Companies make mistakes.  I don’t know you Linus but even though I’m sure who you show us isn’t 100% who you are as a person I know you’re not a bad guy.  I’m happy GN did their piece but I also knew that you would take it constructively.  

You guys are THE tech news of YouTube but you also represent the heart of tech.  You’re tech enthusiasm with the money to do all the cool stuff we wish we could try just because… why the f not.  

I can’t wait to see you guys grow from this experience.  

Running a company is hard.  And your company, by its nature, is very public facing.  That means any missteps you make are major mistakes whereas most companies it would be a small internal issue that needs to be remedied but wouldn’t cause any significant damage to your revenue.  

When I first heard what happened I was shocked, but knew you guys would take the right steps to fix the issue.  And you haven’t disappointed.  

So I guess this post is just to say thank you for standing by your morals.  I wish more companies would act the way you guys do when the mess up.  

I haven’t bought anything from you guys yet but I might just have to pick up a screwdriver or two.  

Thanks for the years of entertainment, I hope there’s years more to come. 

1 hour ago, Shadymonkey said:

So I guess this post is just to say thank you for standing by your morals.  I wish more companies would act the way you guys do when the mess up.  

I don't want to start an argument or anything but they didn't do well when they messed up. When the GN video came up Linus put a post out here on the forum making excuses and shit. Only when they started getting REAL hate and GN posted another video that covered that response then they apologized. So no I don't hope other companies start acting like LMG did.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

18 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I don't want to start an argument or anything but they didn't do well when they messed up. When the GN video came up Linus put a post out here on the forum making excuses and shit. Only when they started getting REAL hate and GN posted another video that covered that response then they apologized. So no I don't hope other companies start acting like LMG did.

Other companies are likely worse. 

I'd say it's still an improvement if every company started acting like LMG.

24 minutes ago, ThousandBlade said:

Other companies are likely worse. 

I'd say it's still an improvement if every company started acting like LMG.

The rog ally has been out how long now and is still killing SD cards with no fix other than rma it again and better luck next time? 

19 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Linus put a post out here on the forum making excuses and shit.

I think it's important to point out that Linus personally made this post and likely posted it in a state of hot headedness. I mean, how would you feel if thousands of people attacked not only your company, but your integrity as a person? Should it have been posted? Probably not, but I think it's more a crime of passion than of malice, no? Linus the person is not Linus Media Group the company, and I think the steps the company took following the drama and the steps they've already been taking months prior show that they genuinely care. 

13 minutes ago, SomeRandomDude111 said:

I think it's important to point out that Linus personally made this post and likely posted it in a state of hot headedness. I mean, how would you feel if thousands of people attacked not only your company, but your integrity as a person? Should it have been posted? Probably not, but I think it's more a crime of passion than of malice, no? Linus the person is not Linus Media Group the company, and I think the steps the company took following the drama and the steps they've already been taking months prior show that they genuinely care. 

I agree, well said.

I also think the video showing what they will do was well thought out and walked the fine line very carefully but covered the important points.

3 hours ago, SomeRandomDude111 said:

Linus is still basically the head of the company, not in title but everyone thinks of him like that. His name is in the company. People had every right to attack his companies morals. When Linus posted that message he was speaking for the company, not for himself. To be honest there were no comments made at him, just the company.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

10 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

To be honest there were no comments made at him, just the company

I think if you look back at some earlier comments in the original thread, you would see that this is absolutely not the case 🙂. And this is not even considering the vitriol that was the subreddit. 

10 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Linus is still basically the head of the company, not in title but everyone thinks of him like that. His name is in the company. People had every right to attack his companies morals. When Linus posted that message he was speaking for the company, not for himself. To be honest there were no comments made at him, just the company.

Do you really believe what you wrote in your last line?

If it's true, then I'm  much worse at judge of information than you are.

English is not my first language, and grammatical errors do exist.

Recent upgrade:CPU:AMD 5600 out AMD 7600 in, MB:ROG B450-F out MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI in,

Memory:16gX2 3200mhz out 16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz in,

DESKTOP:

CPU:AMD 7600,GPU:TUF 4090 OG OC,MB:MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI,Memory:16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz,Storage:2TB sn850+7.68TB CD6+4TB Acer GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

Case:P400A,PSU:Cooler Master V850 Gold V2,CPU cooler:assassin spirit 120,Monitor:MSI MAG274QRF-QD+neo g7+AOC CU34G2XP,

Mouse:G PRO,Keyboard:G915 TKL,

MOBILE:

LAPTOP:thinkbook 14+(7840H+32G ram),Mouse:MX anywhere 2s,4TB GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

IPAD:PRO12.9 (M1+16GB RAM)

PHONE:iphone 14 pro,oppo find N3.DAP:sony zx100, sony zx507.

AUDIO:

wireless:airpods pro2,sony xm4,

wired:jvc fx1100,audio technica IM02,audio technica IM04,sony mdr-1a,

NAS:

CPU:i5 4690,MB:asus z97-k,Memory:8gX2 ddr3,Storage:250GB ssdX2 raid for boot,10X10TB HDD raid z2,HBA card, 2.5g NIC,

2 hours ago, merch22 said:

Do you really believe what you wrote in your last line?

If it's true, then I'm  much worse at judge of information than you are.

In the GN video where did they directly say anything about Linus? They just used what linus had said to talk about the companies morals and working habits etc.

My First PC

17 hours ago, SomeRandomDude111 said:

I fully agree, his post was for all intents and purposes a "in the heat of the moment" response. I mean most anyone would respond in a similar manner, but he and the company took a step back and really put work into meaningful changes. Do I personally endorse that one post...I also agree that it shouldn't of been posted but what's done is done , shit happens in the heat of the moment. Seems they want to do better, let's all see what the future brings.