Onedrive Stolen ALOT of files from Shared Drive

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone,

Slight/Big issue at Work, We Rolled out OneDrive backup and the Finance Managers computer has gone a bit silly and looking for a solution

So, In the  "This PC"  you got Desktop, Documents, and Pictures, these are all the things we're creating a backup for through One Drive, the issue is, sometime in the past without us realizing the Finance Manager's "This PC"  Documents Folder has turned into his Shared Network P: Drive, so OneDrive when it backed up his " Documents " actually backed up the Shared P: Drive and Took a bunch of documents for storage only on OneDrive, so now no one else in the company can access them,

I've tried forcing it to store a Physical Copy of it on his Device hoping it would place them back in the same way it took them, thinking the Documents folder ( that is actually the P: Drive ) and restore it back to normal, but now they're all Solid Green ticked, and still not there >.>

If you can please help

9 minutes ago, SRSB said:

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone,

Slight/Big issue at Work, We Rolled out OneDrive backup and the Finance Managers computer has gone a bit silly and looking for a solution

So, In the  "This PC"  you got Desktop, Documents, and Pictures, these are all the things we're creating a backup for through One Drive, the issue is, sometime in the past without us realizing the Finance Manager's "This PC"  Documents Folder has turned into his Shared Network P: Drive, so OneDrive when it backed up his " Documents " actually backed up the Shared P: Drive and Took a bunch of documents for storage only on OneDrive, so now no one else in the company can access them,

I've tried forcing it to store a Physical Copy of it on his Device hoping it would place them back in the same way it took them, thinking the Documents folder ( that is actually the P: Drive ) and restore it back to normal, but now they're all Solid Green ticked, and still not there >.>

If you can please help

You have to open them for onedrive to put em back.

had the same issue at work.

It's a dumb product.

Most likely you'll have to download the structure from there and copy paste it back.

And kill onedrive. Take it behind the shed and nuke it :D.

But for real. DO NOT EVER integrate onedrive on existing pc's without doing a THOROUGH investigation because it WILL fuck shit up.

I'd use Total Commander for copying all the files present (according to Onedrive) into that folder (with subfolders and so on) into another folder of the same computer.

And wait and being patient.

Then contact someone competent for a plan for change the structure of the data, for allowing better backup strategy.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You have to open them for onedrive to put em back.

had the same issue at work.

It's a dumb product.

Most likely you'll have to download the structure from there and copy paste it back.

And kill onedrive. Take it behind the shed and nuke it :D.

But for real. DO NOT EVER integrate onedrive on existing pc's without doing a THOROUGH investigation because it WILL fuck shit up.

So you're saying I need to open every single document for it to put it back properly?

3 minutes ago, SRSB said:

So you're saying I need to open every single document for it to put it back properly?

Try it with one. It's a trigger to take things offline a a backup.

another way is to go in sharepoint and say make all files available offline there instead of just in the onedrive app. This is also a trigger for this process.

Please make a copy of all OFFLINE files first

Could be it wipes them.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Try it with one. It's a trigger to take things offline a a backup.

another way is to go in sharepoint and say make all files available offline there instead of just in the onedrive app. This is also a trigger for this process.

Please make a copy of all OFFLINE files first

Could be it wipes them.

I tried opening some documents to trigger it, but didn't work, i'll bake a temp back up and try it through sharepoint

If you can login into the Onedrive account from a web browser, you can download the files from there. Once the files are downloaded to a safe backup, you can try forcing Onedrive to play nice or simply wipe it out from the face of the planet. Onedrive is nothing but a nest of problems, especially since it will try to backup all your personal files and then spam you for subscription because it ran out of space on the free plan.