Favorite Case Form Factor

What is your favorite and why?

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I like Cube Cases and mATX Towers for stuff like the DIYPC MiniCube-S and Fractal Design Arc Mini R2.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

As small as possible that fits as much stuff as possible, so I guess that would be a custom built mITX case.

I like mATX towers. The mATX form factor is compact, yet allows almost the same features as full ATX does, including multi-GPU setups. Building the rig and keeping it cool becomes a little more of a challenge, but I'm willing to deal with that, for the reduced size of the case.

I like cube cases, I like the form factor because I think it looks goos and they are also somewhat compact.

i'm a potato

mid tower because not too big, not too small. just right :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Personally, I like mini-itx cases simply because everything else is just too big. Even with that though, some cases such as the Prodigy (which I regretfully own) I find massive.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Personally, I like mini-itx cases simply because everything else is just too big. Even with that though, some cases such as the Prodigy (which I regretfully own) I find massive.

I just purchased a prodigy for my first m-itx build. I thought it was tiny compared to all the other towers I've owned, but apparently it's a giant in the m-itx world.

Why do you regret owning one?

I just purchased a prodigy for my first m-itx build. I thought it was tiny compared to all the other towers I've owned, but apparently it's a giant in the m-itx world.

Why do you regret owning one?

Mainly due to the size. While it is a great case for the price I bought it at (it was on sale for $50) it just takes up too much space on my desk. Also, because the power button and usb ports are on the side, Its not really that practical to put it below the desk either. Furthermore, I bought it in the hopes that a mini-itx case with handles would make for a nice computer to have for when I would go off to university and spend a year in a dorm, however it just seems too big and heavy for that to really be that practical. Its not that its a bad case by any means, its just that I wish it was smaller, and regret not going with a smaller case first.

I plan on downsizing to a sg05 and modding it to fit my h100 this summer however, so that should fix my size complaints.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Mainly due to the size. While it is a great case for the price I bought it at (it was on sale for $50) it just takes up too much space on my desk. Also, because the power button and usb ports are on the side, Its not really that practical to put it below the desk either. Furthermore, I bought it in the hopes that a mini-itx case with handles would make for a nice computer to have for when I would go off to university and spend a year in a dorm, however it just seems too big and heavy for that to really be that practical. Its not that its a bad case by any means, its just that I wish it was smaller, and regret not going with a smaller case first.

I plan on downsizing to a sg05 and modding it to fit my h100 this summer however, so that should fix my size complaints.

Fair enough, I'm used to having mid towers sitting on my desk. :)

I like the idea of the playstation chassis PC.

It doesn't really help the fact when your desk is small too.

As for the PS1 pc, I'll say it is fun to build, but also extremely frustrating seeing as its too short to fit a mini-itx motherboard. I do hope to finish it this summer though, as well as my other case mod projects.

It doesn't really help the fact when your desk is small too.

As for the PS1 pc, I'll say it is fun to build, but also extremely frustrating seeing as its too short to fit a mini-itx motherboard. I do hope to finish it this summer though, as well as my other case mod projects.

Have you thought about a fat ps2 case instead?

Have you thought about a fat ps2 case instead?

The thing is, I already, have the PS1, and seeing as there is no hope of it ever performing what it was originally meant to anymore, it would be a shame just to abandon it. If I can find some usb3 splitters, I have a plan on how to make the case work though. Anyways, I think we are kinda sending the thread off topic, so if you want to keep talking about this, it should probably be in a pm.

I like Mini-ITX Cases just because. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

lol I knew I would likely be the only one voting Super Tower here.

Nope the second voter here, looking at the stacker, primo and the 820 and 630 for my next case, just waiting on computex!

Could use a ylod fat ps3, got mine in the loft :(........I miss it....:(