Sorry for this repetitive boring question

TheHibs

Hi all ! 

as I said in the title this is a very common question , but i didn't find any good information online :

i'm saving money to buy a new pc with a new monitor but i don't know if i should wait for the 5000 series and next gen hardwares.

some say that it will be released in 2024 and  others in 2025.

here are my specs :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
RAM in   32,0 Go

Gpu : RTX 3060ti

Motherboard : MSI B360M PRO-VD

will this be sufficient for next games untill 2024 ? or 2025 ? 

sorry again ! 

take care !

4 minutes ago, TheHibs said:

Hi all ! 

as I said in the title this is a very common question , but i didn't find any good information online :

i'm saving money to buy a new pc with a new monitor but i don't know if i should wait for the 5000 series and next gen hardwares.

some say that it will be released in 2024 and  others in 2025.

here are my specs :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
RAM in   32,0 Go

Gpu : RTX 3060ti

Motherboard : MSI B360M PRO-VD

will this be sufficient for next games untill 2024 ? or 2025 ? 

sorry again ! 

take care !

Odds are, it'll do okay if you're willing to turn down settings. The components are comparable to the level of hardware present on the latest consoles. The 3060 Ti is a bit better than the console's graphics, and the 8700K is a bit worse than the console's CPUs. You won't see games demanding much more than what the current consoles can do, assuming they aren't PC exclusive.

If you want to play everything at Ultra, or you are gaming at 4K, then the answer is already "no" for 2023 games - those parts already fall short in those situations, let alone games that will come out 2 years from now. However, at more modest settings, it should do fine.

What resolution are you currently gaming at? I think you'll be fine to wait for the 5000 series to see if it is worth it. You can always adjust the settings if frame rates are not to your liking.

I comfortably game on 1440p Ultrawide with a worse GPU than yours, I have a 3060. DLSS is a gamechanger, I don't see how your setup could possibly not hold up for a couple of years, if you stick to 1440p or a lower res.

Considering that most games published today have min or even recommended specs of a 1060, a 3060Ti should be good to go for a couple of more years to come. Except maybe for the most heavy hitting AAA games, but even those should still run with some moderately dialed down graphics settings.